12 volt portable shower

Old July 12th 03, 12:04 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Terrano

Default 12 volt portable shower

"David Bloor" wrote in message
Hello,

We are enquiring about a portable 12v shower which comes with a tent and
tray, my parents bought one from a stall at the NEC a couple of years ago.

can not find it on any website.

I just wondered if anyone knew of one please

I look forward to your reply. Thank you Dave.

______________

They used to be made by Gardner's of Wakefield
www.gardnerofwakefield.co.uk/ - perhaps still are.

Had one once - fiddly - but surprisingly effective

Old July 12th 03, 12:19 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Bloor

Thanks for your speedy reply,but we have already spoke to this supplier and
they no longer make one.

"Terrano" wrote in message

"David Bloor" wrote in message
Hello,

We are enquiring about a portable 12v shower which comes with a tent

and
tray, my parents bought one from a stall at the NEC a couple of years

ago.
can not find it on any website.

I just wondered if anyone knew of one please

I look forward to your reply. Thank you Dave.

______________

They used to be made by Gardner's of Wakefield
www.gardnerofwakefield.co.uk/ - perhaps still are.

Had one once - fiddly - but surprisingly effective

---

Old July 12th 03, 12:30 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Terrano

"David Bloor" wrote in message
Thanks for your speedy reply,but we have already spoke to this supplier

and
they no longer make one.

Ah, bad luck. I bought one from them about 7 years ago - you could make
your own quite easily, especially as Gardner's are still supplying the
'tray' (I had a look at their site) which would be the most difficult thing
to fabricate yourself.

In essence, the shower was just a submersible pump coupled to a shower
hose/head that picked up warm water from a small container (we found a small
jerrycan was ideal)

After use, the shower head was removed and the sub pump placed in the water
that had collected in the tray - pumping back into the jerrycan for
disposal.

A cheap sub pump, a shower hose & head (and perhaps a switch and a bit of
small diameter plastic pipe) would son see you in business - that,
basically, was all the Garner product was, it had a very 'home made' air
about it.