OT Alloy Wheels

Old July 12th 03, 07:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
smiler

Default OT Alloy Wheels

John Stewart reviewing alloy wheel cleaners in Saab Driver (The mag of the
Saab Owners Club) gives simple and sensible advice which I had not thought
of.

As brake dust is a fine abrasive keep a seperate bucket and sponge for your
wheels to avoid scratching your paintwork

Cheers

Smiler

I wear anti spam headgear.

Old July 14th 03, 08:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
smiler

"T i m" wrote in message
On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 19:47:02 +0100, "smiler"
wrote:

John Stewart reviewing alloy wheel cleaners in Saab Driver (The mag of

the
Saab Owners Club) gives simple and sensible advice which I had not

thought
of.

As brake dust is a fine abrasive keep a seperate bucket and sponge for

your
wheels to avoid scratching your paintwork

[T] I was taught that when washing a car (and for this point, or a
caravan) you start at the top work down, then do the wheels last? I'm
not sure you would need to go as so far as a seperate bucket and
sponge .. the brake dust would be very fine and I should imaging would
rinse out of a bucket / sponge fairly easily?

All the best ..

T i m

We had different teachers Tim. I was taught start at the bottom and work
up to avoid water marks. Next time I wash my motor, expected around 15
October I'll do one side one way and t'other t'other.

I don't think that this is worth starting a thread

Cheers Smiler