AWNING POLES - STEEL OR FIBRE

Old July 12th 03, 10:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roger Dey

Default AWNING POLES - STEEL OR FIBRE

Hi Campers,

You helped me with my question on awning lengths, now its what type of pole
is best. & why.

Thanks,

Roger

Old July 12th 03, 11:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
smiler

"Roger Dey" wrote in message
Hi Campers,

You helped me with my question on awning lengths, now its what type of

pole
is best. & why.

Thanks,

Roger

Fibre poles are ok, they are light and rustproof, but why has my local
dealer a stand full of Isabella fittings, bayonet connectors, screw clamps
and the rest.

A gust of wind when taking the awning down caused failure of a fitting . I
would not have been able to erect the awning if it had happened on the way
up.

I invested about 15 in spares just in case.

Cheers

Smiler

I wear a antispam hat.

Smiler

Old July 13th 03, 09:14 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Roger Dey" wrote in message
Hi Campers,

You helped me with my question on awning lengths, now its what type of

pole
is best. & why.

Thought most awnings had light weight alloy poles now. Steel having gone out
of fashion because of weight.

Please reply to News Group.