M6 Toll - charges for disabled drivers

Old December 8th 03, 06:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
jo

Default M6 Toll - charges for disabled drivers

We aren't different when driving - only when stopped !!!

I fully agree as I have a "Blue badge" and would not like to be seen to be
gaining any financial advantage.
Yes we do, and are allowed to, park in places that others have to pay, or
are not allowed to park in, but that is a stationary case - when we need to
be close to the point of where we alight.
When moving all these things disappear and we are equal to all others on the
road.

I do not like paying charges at all but - if others have to when driving
their vehicles - so will I.

We do it in France!!!

--
(All Incoming and Outgoing Emails Scanned With Norton Antivirus 2003)

"

Old December 8th 03, 07:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Simon Hawthorne

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 18:22:35 -0000, "David"
wrote:

With a caravan!

My point exactly David!

Old December 8th 03, 07:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Simon Hawthorne" wrote in message
On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 18:22:35 -0000, "David"
wrote:

With a caravan!

My point exactly David!

Maybe its the long NHS waiting times maybe not 2 or 3 hours but 3 or 4 days.

Please reply to News Group.

Old December 8th 03, 08:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
M.H. Greaves.

that could have been very dodgy had it been the little old light blue
invalid carriages, we used to see a few years ago; one towing a caravan, i
shudder at the thought of that!!
Sorry, dont mean to look down on the folks who had one, its just an amusing
thought thats all!
"David" wrote in message

"DaveK" wrote in message

A car is a useful method of travelling to medical appointments.

With a caravan!

Please reply to News Group.

Old December 8th 03, 08:05 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
M.H. Greaves.

while we are on this topic again, can we get down to facts, as i dont know
where this is happening, actually i know nothing about it, where and when is
this going to happen? or is it happening already, and is it on the M6 as we
know it?
OR, (interesting thought) have i been HAD??!!
"Al Stevenson" wrote in message
Further to an earlier thread

I have been on to the toll company who said::

"I can confirm that you are able to tow a caravan with your car and use
your mobility exemption pass providing all of the details are correct
i.e., you are using the correct car and the person to whom the mobility
exemption pass relates to is in the vehicle."

So disabled drivers, once registered for the M6 toll, will be able to
take their caravan with no charge!
--
Al Stevenson
Remove .SPAMTRAP to reply.

Old December 8th 03, 08:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Simon Hawthorne

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 19:46:37 -0000, "David"
wrote:

Maybe its the long NHS waiting times maybe not 2 or 3 hours but 3 or 4 days.

.....with local hospitals opening CLs next door to their 'In
patients'.....?

Stop it.... this is going to get me into trouble!

S.

Old December 8th 03, 08:58 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
gill107

"David" wrote in message

Do not want to sound awful but why should some people go FOC?

------------------------
I'm not disabled nor is my partner but I can well imagine that with some
disabilities sitting in a car in a traffic jam or very slow moving traffic
could cause at the least extreme discomfort. In the driver's case that
discomfort might lead to an accident situation.

I can't see hundreds of drivers with the exemption certificate descending on
the toll extension just for the sheer hell of it can you?
The disabled get little enough, leave the relative few who will use the road
some small pleasure.

Gillian

Old December 8th 03, 09:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"David" wrote in message

Maybe its the long NHS waiting times maybe not 2 or 3 hours but 3 or 4

days.

I went for a hospital outpatient visit this morning. I got there at 8.55 am
for a 9 am appointment.

It would have been about 9.30 if I'd been taken by car and dropped, probably
more like 10 if I'd had to find parking. That's one reason we use the
scooter when we don't need the carrying or towing capacity of the car. The
scooter was fastened up within yards of the main door, causing no
obstruction and costing nothing.

By the way, I was seen at 9 am. It's not always the NHS but the individual
departments which are inefficient.

Mary

Old December 8th 03, 10:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , gill107
writes

"David" wrote in message

Do not want to sound awful but why should some people go FOC?

------------------------
I'm not disabled nor is my partner but I can well imagine that with some
disabilities sitting in a car in a traffic jam or very slow moving traffic
could cause at the least extreme discomfort. In the driver's case that
discomfort might lead to an accident situation.

I can't see hundreds of drivers with the exemption certificate descending on
the toll extension just for the sheer hell of it can you?
The disabled get little enough, leave the relative few who will use the road
some small pleasure.

Gillian

And in this particular case its a private company who are losing out,
not the tax payer.
--
hugh
Old December 8th 03, 11:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DC

"Al Stevenson" wrote in message
Further to an earlier thread

I have been on to the toll company who said::

"I can confirm that you are able to tow a caravan with your car and use
your mobility exemption pass providing all of the details are correct
i.e., you are using the correct car and the person to whom the mobility
exemption pass relates to is in the vehicle."

So disabled drivers, once registered for the M6 toll, will be able to
take their caravan with no charge!
--
Al Stevenson
Remove .SPAMTRAP to reply.

I think I started this thread by asking a couple or more questions , one was
when did the M6 toll open , , I think the answer to that is within the next
24Hours.

I may have also asked if caravans were included in the *free pass* the
disabled got for their vehicles but I don't think so.

It is only those with the FULL Mobility that will get a *free pass* , they
don't hand those out wily nily , in fact mines due for renewal in the next
few months , I hope I'm allowed back to work where I can stop being a burden
on my family and less importantly stop being labelled a scrounger.

Finally I choose my time to travel with the caravan and in the last couple
of years have not had any major hold ups on the M6 with the caravan only
having problems when travelling with my wife's car which would not be
exempt.

Still there's other roads that get me to Dover or Pompeii quicker than the
M6 or M1

Cheers All

DeeSee