M6 Toll - charges for disabled drivers

Old December 9th 03, 01:02 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Alex Heney

Default M6 Toll - charges for disabled drivers

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 15:36:03 -0000, "DaveK" wrote:

Do not want to sound awefull but why should some people go FOC?
--

Because some people have suffered muliple fractures of the pelvis, both
femurs, upper limbs, and jaws due to being crashed into by an old car driven

And just why should that entitle them to use the expensive shortcut
for free?

If it were the only reasonable way they could get there, fine. But it
isn't.

I fully understand why disabled people should have special rights for
parking, and get their general road tax free. But I don't see why they
should be able to use toll roads free unless those roads are the only
reasonable route.

--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
Youthful figu What you get when asking a woman's age.

To reply by email, my address is aDOTjDOTheneyATbtinternetDOTcom
Old December 9th 03, 01:12 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
kevin rowe

where are they then?
"DC" wrote in message
news

"Al Stevenson" wrote in message
Further to an earlier thread

I have been on to the toll company who said::

"I can confirm that you are able to tow a caravan with your car and use
your mobility exemption pass providing all of the details are correct
i.e., you are using the correct car and the person to whom the mobility
exemption pass relates to is in the vehicle."

So disabled drivers, once registered for the M6 toll, will be able to
take their caravan with no charge!
--
Al Stevenson
Remove .SPAMTRAP to reply.

I think I started this thread by asking a couple or more questions , one

was
when did the M6 toll open , , I think the answer to that is within the

next
24Hours.

I may have also asked if caravans were included in the *free pass* the
disabled got for their vehicles but I don't think so.

It is only those with the FULL Mobility that will get a *free pass* , they
don't hand those out wily nily , in fact mines due for renewal in the next
few months , I hope I'm allowed back to work where I can stop being a

burden
on my family and less importantly stop being labelled a scrounger.

Finally I choose my time to travel with the caravan and in the last couple
of years have not had any major hold ups on the M6 with the caravan only
having problems when travelling with my wife's car which would not be
exempt.

Still there's other roads that get me to Dover or Pompeii quicker than the
M6 or M1

Cheers All

DeeSee

Old December 9th 03, 07:14 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Simon Hawthorne

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 20:58:23 +0000 (UTC), "gill107"
wrote:

In the driver's case that
discomfort might lead to an accident situation.

Surely they shouldn't be driving at all if this were the case?

S.

Old December 9th 03, 09:12 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Budgie

"Alex Heney" wrote in message

| I fully understand why disabled people should have special rights for
| parking, and get their general road tax free. But I don't see why they
| should be able to use toll roads free unless those roads are the only
| reasonable route.

All Blue Badge (BB) holders have the same parking rights (eg parking on
double yellows for 3 hours etc). However, only a minority with severe
mobility problems qualify for free road tax and VAT-free car purchase -
because those persons have no other reasonable means of mobility.. AFAIK
only the latter will qualify for toll exemption on the M6.

Budgie

---

Old December 9th 03, 09:23 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Budgie" wrote in message

All Blue Badge (BB) holders have the same parking rights (eg parking on
double yellows for 3 hours etc). However, only a minority with severe
mobility problems qualify for free road tax and VAT-free car purchase -
because those persons have no other reasonable means of mobility.. AFAIK
only the latter will qualify for toll exemption on the M6.

I do not see why parking is allowed around here at all on double yellow
lines. This is because there are lots special parking areas just for
disabled badge holders., just as near, just as near.

Motorbility cars are these free/subsidised?
House opposite me has a car just like mine, the holder of this car is at
home but the car is on the carpark of the partners place of work? My car
paid for by my earnings, the other is Motorbilities.

Please reply to News Group.

Old December 9th 03, 09:26 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bob

Budgie wrote:

"Alex Heney" wrote in message

| I fully understand why disabled people should have special rights for
| parking, and get their general road tax free. But I don't see why they
| should be able to use toll roads free unless those roads are the only
| reasonable route.

All Blue Badge (BB) holders have the same parking rights (eg parking on
double yellows for 3 hours etc). However, only a minority with severe
mobility problems qualify for free road tax and VAT-free car purchase -
because those persons have no other reasonable means of mobility.. AFAIK
only the latter will qualify for toll exemption on the M6.

But ALL blue badge holders qualify for free passage over the severn bridge
to Wales and although my wife is a BBH and she qualifies, we both think
it's wrong.
Bob

Old December 9th 03, 10:39 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
gray

Default WAS M6 Toll - charges for disabled drivers Anyone got the fee for a caravan yet???

Went and checked out the website for the toll road

found the fee for vehicles

Not a thing there about Trailers or caravans

Has anyone got a response from htem I mailed them yesterday and I'm still
waiting

Gray
The Madcaravanner from Chesterfield
www.madcaravanner.co.uk
You don't have to be mad
...... but it helps

---

Old December 9th 03, 11:06 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stuart Bell

Mary Fisher wrote:

By the way, I was seen at 9 am. It's not always the NHS but the individual
departments which are inefficient.

The main problem is no-shows. People just don't turn up. So,
aircraft-style, they over-book to keep the consultants busy. Then
everyone turns up one morning!

Stuart

--
Spamfritterspam exists only in the world of the address
harvesting spam bot. Try stuartsmacs at the same domain
Old December 9th 03, 11:33 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Matt B

"Gray" wrote in message
Went and checked out the website for the toll road

found the fee for vehicles

Not a thing there about Trailers or caravans

Look again at: http://www.m6toll.co.uk/pricing/chart.pdf
GBP 5.00 by day, GBP 4.00 by night.

Matt B

Old December 9th 03, 11:59 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
gray

Ta Matt

Didn't down the PDF's

and they ain't charging me 3 for a trailer when the car's only 2