M6 Toll - charges for disabled drivers

Old December 8th 03, 02:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Al Stevenson

Default M6 Toll - charges for disabled drivers

Further to an earlier thread

I have been on to the toll company who said::

"I can confirm that you are able to tow a caravan with your car and use
your mobility exemption pass providing all of the details are correct
i.e., you are using the correct car and the person to whom the mobility
exemption pass relates to is in the vehicle."

So disabled drivers, once registered for the M6 toll, will be able to
take their caravan with no charge!
--
Al Stevenson
Remove .SPAMTRAP to reply.
Old December 8th 03, 03:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mr Womby

In article , Al Stevenson [email protected]
tlworld.SPAMTRAP.com writes
Further to an earlier thread

I have been on to the toll company who said::

"I can confirm that you are able to tow a caravan with your car and use
your mobility exemption pass providing all of the details are correct
i.e., you are using the correct car and the person to whom the mobility
exemption pass relates to is in the vehicle."

So disabled drivers, once registered for the M6 toll, will be able to
take their caravan with no charge!

Just to make it clear, drivers must apply for an exemption certificate
before using the toll road free-of-charge. It's no use turning up at
the booth and pointing at your 'blue badge', because you will still have
to pay if you don't have the certificate.

You can get full details and an application form at

http://www.m6toll.co.uk/pricing/exemptions.asp

Mr Womby

Old December 8th 03, 03:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Mr Womby" wrote in message
In article , Al Stevenson [email protected]
tlworld.SPAMTRAP.com writes
Further to an earlier thread

I have been on to the toll company who said::

"I can confirm that you are able to tow a caravan with your car and use
your mobility exemption pass providing all of the details are correct
i.e., you are using the correct car and the person to whom the mobility
exemption pass relates to is in the vehicle."

So disabled drivers, once registered for the M6 toll, will be able to
take their caravan with no charge!

Do not want to sound awefull but why should some people go FOC?

Please reply to News Group.

Old December 8th 03, 03:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

So disabled drivers, once registered for the M6 toll, will be able to
take their caravan with no charge!

5 for just over ten miles, that's 500% more than a toll autoroute in
France.
Disabled drivers applying for an exemption certificate will have to pay five
pounds for 'admin costs'.
The exemption will be granted to the vehicle, not the disabled person.
Fair? (ROB).
DaveK.

Old December 8th 03, 03:36 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

Do not want to sound awefull but why should some people go FOC?
--

Because some people have suffered muliple fractures of the pelvis, both
femurs, upper limbs, and jaws due to being crashed into by an old car driven

Old December 8th 03, 03:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

5 for just over ten miles, that's 500% more than a toll autoroute in
France.

Just read that it is 27 miles, so have to take that back. It's only double
the price of a French toll.
DaveK.

Old December 8th 03, 05:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 15:36:03 -0000, "DaveK" wrote:

Do not want to sound awefull but why should some people go FOC?
--

Because some people have suffered muliple fractures of the pelvis, both
femurs, upper limbs, and jaws due to being crashed into by an old car driven
by a wizened idiot who was unable to read a number plate at five metres.
A car is a useful method of travelling to medical appointments.
DaveK.

As a person who has a blue badge in my vehicle. I see no reason at all
why there should be any exceptions made at any time for charges made
to drivers of vehicles covered by a blue badge. The idea as I
understand it is to give access to places that would be otherwise very
difficult for a disabled person to gain access to, not to give
financial advantage to the person holding the badge. As to the useful
method of travelling to medical appointments, the vast majority of
hospitals that I visit these days charge people, who have appointments
for treatment at the hospital, for parking on their car parks. Again
if I choose to I can get round this cost by displaying my Blue badge,
but this is yet another form of discrimination that your average
member of the public has to put up with. My solution is to use the
blue badge to gain access to the places reserved but to pay the
relevant charge anything else would for me be hypocracy

(remove the spam to reply)
Old December 8th 03, 05:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Simon Hawthorne

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 15:36:03 -0000, "DaveK" wrote:

A car is a useful method of travelling to medical appointments.

........but why should they be excempt from paying when the original
road is still open and working? Don't get me wrong, I sympathise with
the plight of disabled folk - I just don't see what makes their case
for FOC passage more important than many other groups of society...
.....and because I like a good debate!

Simon

Old December 8th 03, 06:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"DaveK" wrote in message

A car is a useful method of travelling to medical appointments.

With a caravan!

Please reply to News Group.

Old December 8th 03, 06:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stuart Bell

DaveK wrote:

5 for just over ten miles, that's 500% more than a toll autoroute in
France.

Actually, French toll rates vary hugely.

Stuart
--
Spamfritterspam exists only in the world of the address
harvesting spam bot. Try stuartsmacs at the same domain