It's a colour thing...

Old July 12th 03, 11:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Barleycorn

Default It's a colour thing...

We live on the side of a large valley. This weekend the farm on the
opposite side is having a Caravan Club rally. The 'little white blods' do,
frankly, spoil an otherwise breathtaking view. Why has white become the
accepted colour of caravans? Is it, like white vans, because the paint is
cheap? If all those caravans were green you wouldn't notice them. If
caravans were a more natural colour there would be far less hassle with
planners, and others caravan 'knockers', and access to the more protected
areas of the countryside would be easier. ( OK, before you ask my motorhome
is blue, but at least it's not white!!)

Barleycorn.

Old July 12th 03, 11:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike Williams

"Barleycorn" wrote in message

If all those caravans were green you wouldn't notice them.

You would in the winter, when it's snowing ;-)

Mike

Old July 13th 03, 12:50 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Rogers

"Barleycorn" wrote in message
We live on the side of a large valley. This weekend the farm on the
opposite side is having a Caravan Club rally. The 'little white blods'

do,
frankly, spoil an otherwise breathtaking view. Why has white become the
accepted colour of caravans? Is it, like white vans, because the paint is
cheap? If all those caravans were green you wouldn't notice them. If
caravans were a more natural colour there would be far less hassle with
planners, and others caravan 'knockers', and access to the more protected
areas of the countryside would be easier. ( OK, before you ask my

motorhome
is blue, but at least it's not white!!)

Barleycorn.

.................................................. .........

Does that mean all tow cars have to be green as well. Yuk.

Harry

Old July 13th 03, 06:46 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Steve W...

"Barleycorn" wrote in message
We live on the side of a large valley. This weekend the farm on the
opposite side is having a Caravan Club rally. The 'little white blods'

do,
frankly, spoil an otherwise breathtaking view. Why has white become the
accepted colour of caravans? Is it, like white vans, because the paint is
cheap? If all those caravans were green you wouldn't notice them. If
caravans were a more natural colour there would be far less hassle with
planners, and others caravan 'knockers', and access to the more protected
areas of the countryside would be easier. ( OK, before you ask my

motorhome
is blue, but at least it's not white!!)

Barleycorn.

You should be grateful its only caravans, at least they will be gone
shortly, Could be a lot worse !!!

Old July 13th 03, 07:35 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jim Crawford

"Barleycorn" wrote in message
. ( OK, before you ask my motorhome
is blue, but at least it's not white!!)

Barleycorn.

At least it'll blend in with the sea.

Jim

Old July 13th 03, 09:31 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Chris Ward

In article , Harry Rogers
wrote:

"Barleycorn" wrote in message
We live on the side of a large valley. This weekend the farm on the
opposite side is having a Caravan Club rally. The 'little white blods'

do,

Does that mean all tow cars have to be green as well. Yuk.

Harry

Mine is lichen green - so does that bar me to the moors, dales and mountainous regions.

Said with glee as her indoors prefers the low lands....

Chris
--
General remote signature - I run on ARM power.

Old July 13th 03, 01:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
T P

"Barleycorn" wrote:

We live on the side of a large valley. This weekend the farm on the
opposite side is having a Caravan Club rally. The 'little white blods' do,
frankly, spoil an otherwise breathtaking view. Why has white become the
accepted colour of caravans? Is it, like white vans, because the paint is
cheap? If all those caravans were green you wouldn't notice them.

It's because glossy white paint reflects the most heat, leaving your
caravan significantly cooler in hot weather.

If you tried living in a van that was painted matt camouflage green,
you would soon realise the difference. The colour is important, but
so is the gloss finish.

Old July 13th 03, 01:20 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"Mike Williams" wrote in message
"Barleycorn" wrote in message

If all those caravans were green you wouldn't notice them.

You would in the winter, when it's snowing ;-)

That doesn't happen often.

Mary

Mike

Old July 13th 03, 02:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Avondaleman.

because its a bigotry thing, terrible I know but I darent have a green
caravan or car, because of some people around here.
"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

"Avondaleman." wrote in message
if I had a green car, I would be chased out of town!! lol

WHY???

Mary
who had a BRG Mayflower and Morris Minor van. My favourite colour for
vehicles. Not that I care all that much.

Old July 13th 03, 03:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

because its a bigotry thing, terrible I know but I darent have a green
caravan or car, because of some people around here.

Tell us more!

Mary