Need info re French supermarkets

Old July 4th 03, 02:41 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Travec the Dacian

Default Need info re French supermarkets

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 20:55:54 +0000 (UTC), "klyne"
wrote:

I am intrigued why you find it necessary to find a place to shop in France
on a Sunday?

Well, the reason is that I have committed the cardinal sin of taking a
two weeks break from caravanning :-) We have rented a villa in the
Provencal area for 2 weeks and we fly into Nice this coming Sunday. I
was trying to find out if we could pick up some supplies on the way to
the villa. If we'd been caravanning then Sunday would not have been a
problem. But all that aside, isn't it amazing how a whole country can
shut down on a Sunday? I can remember when the UK was like that, and
I am not sure if we are the better now.

Travec
Old July 4th 03, 07:46 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
klyne

wrote:

I am intrigued why you find it necessary to find a place to shop in

France
on a Sunday?

Well, the reason is that I have committed the cardinal sin of taking a
two weeks break from caravanning :-) We have rented a villa in the
Provencal area for 2 weeks and we fly into Nice this coming Sunday. I
was trying to find out if we could pick up some supplies on the way to
the villa. If we'd been caravanning then Sunday would not have been a
problem. But all that aside, isn't it amazing how a whole country can
shut down on a Sunday? I can remember when the UK was like that, and
I am not sure if we are the better now.

Travec

Ah, I understand you dilemma now.

David - Milton Keynes

Old July 4th 03, 11:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jimbo

Paul Posted Snip----
Waited ages to be served at Avis (other companies were busy too).

They told me the car did not have any damage and, as I had been waiting
for around 2 hours since landing I got in the car and drove to our chalet
without checking it. (Otherwise the site would have shut and we would
have needed a hotel.)

Then next day discovered there were only two wheel trims in the boot!
Too far to return to point it out and too late when returning to go and buy
a new set
as we were assured there was a full set when we picked it up

I have had the same with Euro cars. and the two minor dents on the rear door

I think it is a scam, You arrive on holiday, pick up the car when tired, do
not
expect to be ripped off, I know my own car as they do, You can examine my
car and be happy, only I can point you to the two scratches and small dent
you
have missed, even more so when you are travelling put your trust in someone
and are tired, I thought damage was something like a ruddy great dent in the
bonnet
or something not two minor scratches on a rear door, or they've obviously
forgotten
wheel trims in the boot

Mr Angry

Regards Jimbo