ALKO AKS 1300 STABILISER

Old July 29th 09, 05:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Bridge

Default ALKO AKS 1300 STABILISER

Does anyone know how many washers there should be on the friction pad
plunger, on the side with the wheel on there is only 1, on the side with the
lever there are 3 washers one a special washer with roller bearings in it.
Also I took both friction pad assemblies out at the same time and the red
alko assembly has come off the hitch and 3 items fell out, a plastic cap, a
spring, I think I know were these are from but also a rubber grommit type
thing about the same size as the plastic bit and the spring, does any one
know were this fits.
TIA

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4288 (20090729) __________

http://www.eset.com

Old July 29th 09, 05:19 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
broadssailor

On 29 July, 18:04, "John Bridge" wrote:
Does anyone know how many washers there should be on the friction pad
plunger, on the side with the wheel on there is only 1, on the side with the
lever there are 3 washers one a special washer with roller bearings in it.
Also I took both friction pad assemblies out at the same time and the red
alko assembly has come off the hitch and 3 items fell out, a plastic cap, a
spring, I think I know were these are from but also a rubber grommit type
thing about the same size as the plastic bit and the spring, does any one
know were this fits.
TIA

http://www.just****inggoogleit.com/

I did, first hit:-

http://www.al-ko.co.uk/edit/files/su...00Handbook.pdf
Old July 29th 09, 08:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Bridge

"broadssailor" wrote in message
On 29 July, 18:04, "John Bridge" wrote:
Does anyone know how many washers there should be on the friction pad
plunger, on the side with the wheel on there is only 1, on the side with
the
lever there are 3 washers one a special washer with roller bearings in
it.
Also I took both friction pad assemblies out at the same time and the red
alko assembly has come off the hitch and 3 items fell out, a plastic cap,
spring, I think I know were these are from but also a rubber grommit type
thing about the same size as the plastic bit and the spring, does any one
know were this fits.
TIA

http://www.just****inggoogleit.com/

I did, first hit:-

http://www.al-ko.co.uk/edit/files/su...00Handbook.pdf

signature database 4289 (20090729) __________

I already have this PDF via the route you rudely described, perhaps as you
seem to be so knowledgable you could point me to the information that I
asked for in this PDF. On second thoughts do not bother, you cannot anyway

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4289 (20090729) __________

http://www.eset.com

Old July 29th 09, 08:55 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , John Bridge
writes

[...]

So ring ALKO and ask for their technical services dept. They were very
helpful when I wanted some info on torque settings.
--
hugh

Old July 29th 09, 09:52 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Bridge

"hugh" ] wrote in message
In message , John Bridge
writes

[...]

Yes I have tried this but was unable to get through today, just getting a
recorded message saying all advisers busy, I do intend to try again
tomorrow, I also tried one of their agents Glossup Caravans, they said their
technical man would ring me back, he did not. I have done the Google thing
and have got various PDF's but none have the info. I need. I have tried
various avenues Forums, this newsgroup with no luch as yet. Thanks for your
input

Old July 29th 09, 10:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ForeverArsenal

"John Bridge" wrote in message
Does anyone know how many washers there should be on the friction pad
plunger TIA

Hi John.
For the AL-KO 1300 you should have the following.

Starting at the pad itself and working away from pad
along the shaft you have.

1) a thin washer.
2) a roller bearing that looks a bit like a washer.
3) a fairly thick washer.
If you can supply me with a e-mail address somehow
I can mail you pictures of the washer//bearing assembly.

Baz.

Old July 29th 09, 10:48 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Bridge

"ForeverArsenal" wrote in message
o.uk...

"John Bridge" wrote in message
Does anyone know how many washers there should be on the friction pad
plunger TIA

Hi John.
For the AL-KO 1300 you should have the following.

Starting at the pad itself and working away from pad
along the shaft you have.

1) a thin washer.
2) a roller bearing that looks a bit like a washer.
3) a fairly thick washer.
If you can supply me with a e-mail address somehow
I can mail you pictures of the washer//bearing assembly.

Hi Baz,
Thanks very much for your help, what you describe is exacly what I have on
the pad on the side were the lever is but on the other side were the
ratchet type wheel is there is just the one thin washer, no roller washer or
thick washer. I think this is my problem, can you confirm that there should
be three washers on both sides. also were do you think this rubber type
grommit should go, it fell out with plastic cap and spring when I removed
the red part of the stabiliser from the hitch. The plastic cap and spring
produce the tension to tension the red assembly over towards the ratchet
type wheel. I will try to get an email addy that I can loose if it receives
to much spam as a result of disclosing it. Thank you once again for your
kind help.
Regards John

Old July 30th 09, 09:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ForeverArsenal

[...]

.................................................. .......................
Hi John.
Yes should be the same both sides,do make sure that the roller washer
/bearing
+ thick washer are not stuck inside the the hole where the pad shaft goes
though
as they do have grease on them and may be stuck in there.

Try putting a thin screw driver in the shaft hole from the outside at an
angle and
have a poke about carefully,the thick washer would be nearest to you
as you looked into the shaft hole,then bearing then thin washer.

Best lay sheet on ground first under 1300 hitch,assuming it's on van.

.................................................. ...................

also were do you think this rubber type
grommit should go, it fell out with plastic cap and spring when I removed
the red part of the stabiliser from the hitch.
.................................................. .................
Can't help on this to much John,it's a long time back since I had the 1300
stabilizer,only springs I can recall are very thin round spring clips that
go
on the ends of the pad shaft's on the outside once pad and washers/bearing
are in place,there is a thin groove on the end of each shaft for the clip.

Going to be away for few days now,so won't be able to reply until back.
I will check group when back.
Baz

Old August 4th 09, 10:24 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Bridge

[...]

.................................................. ......................
Hi John.
Yes should be the same both sides,do make sure that the roller washer
/bearing
+ thick washer are not stuck inside the the hole where the pad shaft goes
though
as they do have grease on them and may be stuck in there.

Try putting a thin screw driver in the shaft hole from the outside at an
angle and
have a poke about carefully,the thick washer would be nearest to you
as you looked into the shaft hole,then bearing then thin washer.

Best lay sheet on ground first under 1300 hitch,assuming it's on van.

.................................................. ..................

also were do you think this rubber type
grommit should go, it fell out with plastic cap and spring when I removed
the red part of the stabiliser from the hitch.
.................................................. ................
Can't help on this to much John,it's a long time back since I had the 1300
stabilizer,only springs I can recall are very thin round spring clips that
go
on the ends of the pad shaft's on the outside once pad and washers/bearing
are in place,there is a thin groove on the end of each shaft for the clip.

Going to be away for few days now,so won't be able to reply until back.
I will check group when back.
Baz

Thanks again Baz, been away myself, one washer and the roller washer were
missing from the wheel side of the stabiliser, I have put two washers in
temp. and the stabiliser does now seem to function although there is not a
lot of pressure when the handle is lowered, I still do not know were the
large rubber washer is from. I am still awaiting a reply from Alko
technical, you just get an answering machine when you call and have to leave
your number, support seems non existant, I would like to know if spares are
available.
John

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4304 (20090804) __________

http://www.eset.com