Campers with Motorbikes - Beware of Tesco!

Old April 1st 12, 11:57 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Turk182

Default Campers with Motorbikes - Beware of Tesco!

Tesco Insurance run a compare site which is dishonest and operates
through mis-representation.

http://www.tescocompare.com/motorbike.shtml

Tesco take a commission from a number of insurers by allowing their
own name to be used in connection with attracting customers and then
directing the business on to motorcyclke insurance companies. All
the
transactions are achieved VIA a Tesco site and with Tesco taking all
the information for your quote.

However, in trying to obtain a new quote for my bike, I discovered
that in every case, whether I had chosen a quote by Hastings Direct,
the RAC or some other company (via Tesco), that the quote given by
Tesco NEVER materialised.

In the case of Hastings, they added extra personal insurance to the
'deal' which you could not cancel, adding 40 to the price of the
purchase.

In the case of the RAC, although the quote came through at around
60,
by the time I had got to payment, the price had mysteriously risen to
90. Out of 5 different quotes given, not one was possible to
purchase at the advertised price - all quotes given, and that I tried
to buy, were fictional!

I called Tesco on their advertised bike insurance number. I was
told,
it is nothing to do with them. Once I am connected to the the
insurer, they are not responsible for what happens.

So, Tesco solicit buisness in a conspiracy to lure in customers on
non-
existent prices. Having walked off with their bung for the deal,
they
then claim it is, quote: "nothing to do with us".

The Tesco brand = dishonesty!

Turk182