New Forest Psuedo-Wild Camping.

Old May 20th 12, 08:53 PM posted to uk.rec.camping,uk.rec.walking
Mark[_18_]

Default New Forest Psuedo-Wild Camping.

I'm looking for a campsite in the New Forest that provides a bit of a
wild camping feel with decent showers and bogs. Camp fires allowed
would be a real bonus. A nearby pub would be great too.

I did wonder if Holland's Wood might be suitable. On the face of it a
massive site but I wonder if it's possible to pitch tents out of the
way of anyone else and be in the middle of nowhere but a 2 minute walk
from the porcelain?

http://www.campingintheforest.co.uk/...-wood-campsite

Anyone provide some other suggestions?
Old May 20th 12, 09:22 PM posted to uk.rec.camping,uk.rec.walking
[email protected]

In article ,
Mark wrote:

I'm looking for a campsite in the New Forest that provides a bit of a
wild camping feel with decent showers and bogs. Camp fires allowed
would be a real bonus. A nearby pub would be great too.

Not to say free back-rubs.

What you are asking for is self-contradictory, though you might
get the nearby pub.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old May 20th 12, 09:30 PM posted to uk.rec.camping,uk.rec.walking
Mark[_18_]

On May 20, 9:22*pm, wrote:
In article ,

Mark wrote:

I'm looking for a campsite in the New Forest that provides a bit of a
wild camping feel with decent showers and bogs. Camp fires allowed
would be a real bonus. A nearby pub would be great too.

Not to say free back-rubs.

What you are asking for is self-contradictory, though you might
get the nearby pub.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

I'm not giving up yet. I've already found a smallish farm site with
shower that apparently allows fires. So what I'm looking for seeems to
exist. I'd like to think the combined resources of UKRC and UKRW might
have first hand experience of somewhere. No harm in posting to ask.
Old May 20th 12, 10:04 PM posted to uk.rec.camping,uk.rec.walking
[email protected]

In article ,
Mark wrote:

I'm looking for a campsite in the New Forest that provides a bit of a
wild camping feel with decent showers and bogs. Camp fires allowed
would be a real bonus. A nearby pub would be great too.

Not to say free back-rubs.

What you are asking for is self-contradictory, though you might
get the nearby pub.

I'm not giving up yet. I've already found a smallish farm site with
shower that apparently allows fires. So what I'm looking for seeems to
exist. I'd like to think the combined resources of UKRC and UKRW might
have first hand experience of somewhere. No harm in posting to ask.

Well, for an unbelievably tame version of wild camping. You are
asking for 'mod cons' in the same breath, and they just aren't
compatible.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old May 21st 12, 01:39 PM posted to uk.rec.camping,uk.rec.walking
Phil Cook[_4_]

On 21/05/2012 09:15, wrote:
In [email protected] w.co.uk,
Danny wrote:
On 20/05/2012 22:04,
wrote:
Well, for an unbelievably tame version of wild camping.

Hmm, you might almost call it pseudo-wild camping.

Oh wait, the OP did.

I recommend that you consult a good dictionary - 'pseudo' does not
mean what you apparently think that it does.

This is what
http://dictionary.reference.com has:

pseu·do [soo-doh]

adjective
1.
not actually but having the appearance of; pretended; false or spurious;
sham.
2.
almost, approaching, or trying to be.
--
Phil Cook
Old September 8th 12, 07:05 AM
Ronaled07 Ronaled07 is offline
Junior Member

Location: canada

We are a proud locally owned and operated business, that wishes to make your project a simple an enjoyable experience. One call and you can get all your project needs met to complete your job. Stocking products which have been hand selected give us the quality control that we strive to achieve..

Brisbane Timber Fencing

Last edited by Ronaled07 : October 13th 13 at 11:47 AM.
Old September 8th 12, 10:42 AM
Ronaled07 Ronaled07 is offline
Junior Member

Location: canada

Hi dear am newbie here and i want to ask a question which is that The more important for me is the answer but i need too a link to a law text which explains the laws about wild camping in Ireland. Thanks.