Audible indicator relay, Advice please.

Old July 13th 03, 08:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jim

Default Audible indicator relay, Advice please.

Hello All,

Can anyone help out with this little problem.

I've just fitted a new towbar to my 1999 Toyota Avensis and have used
an Halfords Audible relay for the indicator warning. The problem is
that it seems to work perfectly with the ignition switched on but the
engine not running, (beeps with caravan attached, doesn't beep with
caravan unattached). But with the engine running, although it works
with the caravan it also beeps albiet rather quieter with the caravan
unattached. Could this be a fault with the unit or is my wiring a bit
iffy. I've checked and re checked and all seems to be OK. Any advice
would be very welcome.

Thanks.

Jim
Old July 13th 03, 09:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Eric Clarke

I think, but I may be wrong, an audible is factory fitted - it is in Pugs
and Volvos and quite a few others, so putting another relay in.........?
Take it out and see , sorry, hear what happens. Tell all after.
Eric

Old July 13th 03, 09:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jim

A bit of a long shot but I tried it all the same.
No audible warning at all when caravan connected so I can assume the
Avensis doesn't have a factory fitted relay :-(

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 20:28:54 +0000 (UTC), "Eric Clarke"
wrote:

I think, but I may be wrong, an audible is factory fitted - it is in Pugs
and Volvos and quite a few others, so putting another relay in.........?
Take it out and see , sorry, hear what happens. Tell all after.
Eric
.. .

Old July 14th 03, 04:36 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Chris Ward

In article , Jim
URL:mailto
Hello All,

Can anyone help out with this little problem.

I've just fitted a new towbar to my 1999 Toyota Avensis and have used
an Halfords Audible relay for the indicator warning. The problem is
that it seems to work perfectly with the ignition switched on but the
engine not running, (beeps with caravan attached, doesn't beep with
caravan unattached). But with the engine running, although it works
with the caravan it also beeps albiet rather quieter with the caravan
unattached. Could this be a fault with the unit or is my wiring a bit
iffy. I've checked and re checked and all seems to be OK. Any advice
would be very welcome.

Thanks.

Jim

Straight back to Hasslefords.
Gave me no end of hassle.
I wish I had never used them
Considering they use AAed mechanics

They attempted to fit a detachable Brink to my Marea 4 times, and then came on
roadside assistance to retrofit a relay that was under rated and had blown up!
On the drive.

Give the breakdown folks if you are AA and get them to fit it - and ask for a caravan
expert - they usually arrive!

Ha Ha

Chris
--
General remote signature - I run on ARM power.