Rules and regs on gas leak testing?

Old April 15th 13, 08:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Tim+

Default Rules and regs on gas leak testing?

I'm playing "hunt the tiny leak" in my campervan but my google powers are
lacking and I can't find the regulations as they pertain to camper vans
etc.

I know that in domestic situations (and in boats) that "no" leak is
allowable
for LPG but I'm not sure if the same applies to caravans etc.. There's no
shortage of underfloor ventilation in a van!

Anyhow, it would be nice to know the exact rules and testing methods for a
campervan and I'd be grateful for any pointers.

Please no hysterical cries of "It's not allowed!" or "Think of the
children!". It's my life, my responsibility and I've good reason to have
more faith in my abilities than a hit & run "professional" who's own life
isn't at stake when he cocks up.

The only 2 gas leaks that I've had in my current house were both created by
"professionals" and identified by me.

Tim

Old April 21st 13, 07:23 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Pendragon[_2_]

On Mon, 15 Apr 2013 20:15:03 +0100, "Tim+"
wrote:

[...]

You may well think you know it all and have got away with it forever
but that poor attitude will bite you on the bum one day.

Yes obviously on boats etc it is critical as any leaks will sink and
build up in the bottom of the hull/floor/cupboard etc

Soapy water is the best method of testing for leaks in joints etc. A
leak detector will merely confirm what you already apparently know. If
in doubt replace the pipes, if after checking and tightening all the
joints the problem persists. Obviously when you turn the fire off at
the knob control, rather than the bottle the fire goes fully out
right?

If in doubt get it sorted. You might not be bothered but if I was
parked next to some idiot who didn't care and the whole lot went up
I'd be mighty ****ed.

Some good general tips here
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...avan+gas&meta=
Old April 21st 13, 08:45 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Tim+

wrote:

[...]

I'm darned sure I don't but I'd always rather work from a position of
knowledge than blindly put my trust in others.

Tim