The Caravan only club ??

Old May 27th 13, 09:26 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
[email protected]

Default The Caravan only club ??

On Thursday, February 27, 2003 12:19:34 AM UTC+10, ian wrote:
Being a Caravan Club member for over six years now, and staying at more than
twothird's of the CC club sites large & small, I have found over the last
two years a gradual lack of help for staying at there sites being a
motorhome user.

Using my motorhome to tour a large area and stay for one night and then move
on, no longer seems to fit in with the club, being self employed and only
maintaining to get away at the last minute it is not possible for me to plan
ahead and book sites.

I have at times tried booking sites a few weeks before only to be told the
site was fully booked up,at times when I then visited the area and called at
the site with my motorhome I then find they do have spare pitches and during
the night there are still many empty pitches!!. Therefore booking ahead is
usually a waste of time!!

A few weeks ago I rang 3 CC sites wishing to book for a night during the
Easter hols telling them I was in a motorhome, none of the sites were
helpful in giving me a pitch, after a couple of days I rang the same sites
asking for 6 nights in a caravan, only one site couldn't fit me in!!

And just what is wrong with the wardens?? they are no longer as helpful as
they used to be, nearly always seem to be harassed if there is more than one
tourer waiting to book in, all in all they seem to have a "don't have enough
time for you attitude"

On the few occasions I managed to stay at a site last summer, I booked in at
a half full members only site, when moving to my pitch I found I had to
reverse on to the pitch which backed up to a fence and sloped downwards, as
it was wet weather I was concerned that when it was time to leave the next
morning, pulling out of the pitch may be difficult, I then went back to the
office and politely asked for a more suitable pitch, at that the warden
suggested that if the pitch was not good enough I may as well leave as he
was to busy and it was almost 5p.m. so I simply said my goodbyes and left!!

I have wrote to the CC club about the above incident and up to now they have
not replied. Therefore I will not be renewing my membership.

Another occasion I called in at a club site as I was in need of a
replacement gas cylinder, there was only the female warden on duty, she
informed me that she could only supply me a replacement if I was stopping on
site even thought the site was full !!.
I could tell she simply didn't want to go to the trouble to leave her
office.

So unless I can plan and book my sites 4 month's or more in front as the
caravanners have to do, agree to arrive before 5p.m.so as not to
inconvenience the warden, just to sit in a field with caravanners prying
behind there curtains and have to bow down to the "caravan only club"
wardens I will in future have my overnight stops in a Asda car park !!

I am also a member of the cc&c club and always find there wardens most
helpful & friendly almost always finding me a pitch when I turn up!!

Do's anyone else have the same problems when touring & looking for overnight
stop's??

I have a caravan and cant find the make and model of it can anyone help
Old July 23rd 13, 10:21 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
John B[_3_]

There should be a plate low down near the side door giving manufacturer and
weight details. If it is not there, the best thing would be to try to post a
link to some photos, if possible, so others can see what it looks like. It
may also be worthwhile posting the request to uk.rec.caravanning
instead of to the motor caravan group.

John B

I have a caravan and cant find the make and model of it can anyone help