Camper van

Old January 14th 15, 11:29 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Whiskers

Default Camper van

I'm teetering on the verge of buying a camper van - my preferred model
being the "Lunar Camper Car" based on the Nissan NV200. I saw them at
the Birmingham show last year.

Has anyone actually used one of that model?

Any hints or tips would be welcome.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers
Old January 14th 15, 03:52 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Neil[_5_]

On 14 Jan 2015 11:29:57 GMT, Whiskers
wrote:

I'm teetering on the verge of buying a camper van - my preferred model
being the "Lunar Camper Car" based on the Nissan NV200. I saw them at
the Birmingham show last year.

Has anyone actually used one of that model?

Any hints or tips would be welcome.

Would this be your first motorhome/campervan?

I cannot comment on this model, in fact it's a very long time since I
had a campervan, over 30 years I think, - it was a 1968 Dormobile
converted, Vauxhall Viva HA van/Bedford Beagle 7cwt light van.
Luxury for one - just comfortable enough for two as long as only one
person was moving about at a time!

Never had a MH since, as I found the inconvenience of having to pack
everything away each time we wanted or needed to drive out, a real
pain! I've only uhad caravans and tents since then.

It might be worthwhile asking on uk.rec.motorcaravans, it's very quiet
there but you never know!

Neil

Old January 14th 15, 08:28 PM posted to uk.rec.camping,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Whiskers

wrote:

I'm teetering on the verge of buying a camper van - my preferred model
being the "Lunar Camper Car" based on the Nissan NV200. I saw them at
the Birmingham show last year.

Has anyone actually used one of that model?

Any hints or tips would be welcome.

Would this be your first motorhome/campervan?

It would.

I'm now retired, and on my own, and I want to explore spontaneously. A
trailer caravan isn't practical. I want a bit more comfort and
convenience than a tent.

I cannot comment on this model, in fact it's a very long time since I
had a campervan, over 30 years I think, - it was a 1968 Dormobile
converted, Vauxhall Viva HA van/Bedford Beagle 7cwt light van.
Luxury for one - just comfortable enough for two as long as only one
person was moving about at a time!

More or less what I'm looking for. The Lunar is based on a slightly
larger vehicle, but still 'car sized' - and low enough to get into
multi-story car-parks. In 'car' mode it has 4 proper seats, each with a
door, so I'm hoping that it will be acceptable as an 'only vehicle'.

Never had a MH since, as I found the inconvenience of having to pack
everything away each time we wanted or needed to drive out, a real
pain! I've only uhad caravans and tents since then.

It might be worthwhile asking on uk.rec.motorcaravans, it's very quiet
there but you never know!

Neil

Cross-posted and Followup set; perhaps we can get some life back into
these groups!

--
-- Whiskers