A Caravan forum. Caravan Banter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » Caravan Banter forum » Caravan, Motor Homes and Camping Newsgroups » UK Camping
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

UK Camping (uk.rec.camping)

New to camping



 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old March 6th 15, 04:41 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
CBtye
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default New to camping

Hello

I am thinking about starting to go camping for holidays and I am new to
it.
I have done a little bit of camping before but that was quite a few years
ago.

I was wondering if the Vango Banshee 200 would be a good tent to use as
that is around my price range.

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/vango-ba...0-tent-p140006

I wont be going anywhere just yet as I will have to save up first so
mostly likely be looking to go either side of the school summer holiday.
  #2 (permalink)  
Old March 10th 15, 10:24 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Mark[_17_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7
Default New to camping

On Fri, 06 Mar 2015 10:41:36 -0600, CBtye wrote:

Hello

I am thinking about starting to go camping for holidays and I am new to
it.
I have done a little bit of camping before but that was quite a few years
ago.

I was wondering if the Vango Banshee 200 would be a good tent to use as
that is around my price range.

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/vango-ba...0-tent-p140006

I wont be going anywhere just yet as I will have to save up first so
mostly likely be looking to go either side of the school summer holiday.


How are you travelling?
How many of you will there be?
--
(\__/) M.
(='.'=) If a man stands in a forest and no woman is around
(")_(") is he still wrong?

  #3 (permalink)  
Old March 10th 15, 11:00 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
CByte
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2
Default New to camping

On Tue, 10 Mar 2015 10:24:50 +0000, Mark wrote:

On Fri, 06 Mar 2015 10:41:36 -0600, CBtye wrote:

Hello

I am thinking about starting to go camping for holidays and I am new to
it.
I have done a little bit of camping before but that was quite a few
years ago.

I was wondering if the Vango Banshee 200 would be a good tent to use as
that is around my price range.

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/vango-ba...0-tent-p140006

I wont be going anywhere just yet as I will have to save up first so
mostly likely be looking to go either side of the school summer holiday.


How are you travelling?
How many of you will there be?


Well there would only be me that will be going.
I would more likely to be walking / getting the train to the area.
  #4 (permalink)  
Old March 10th 15, 11:36 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Mark[_17_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7
Default New to camping

On Tue, 10 Mar 2015 06:00:48 -0500, CByte wrote:

On Tue, 10 Mar 2015 10:24:50 +0000, Mark wrote:

On Fri, 06 Mar 2015 10:41:36 -0600, CBtye wrote:

Hello

I am thinking about starting to go camping for holidays and I am new to
it.
I have done a little bit of camping before but that was quite a few
years ago.

I was wondering if the Vango Banshee 200 would be a good tent to use as
that is around my price range.

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/vango-ba...0-tent-p140006

I wont be going anywhere just yet as I will have to save up first so
mostly likely be looking to go either side of the school summer holiday.


How are you travelling?
How many of you will there be?


Well there would only be me that will be going.
I would more likely to be walking / getting the train to the area.


I'm not personally familiar with this particular tent but it does
sound suitable for your needs.
--
(\__/) M.
(='.'=) If a man stands in a forest and no woman is around
(")_(") is he still wrong?

  #5 (permalink)  
Old March 10th 15, 01:06 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
CByte
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2
Default New to camping

On Tue, 10 Mar 2015 11:36:49 +0000, Mark wrote:

On Tue, 10 Mar 2015 06:00:48 -0500, CByte wrote:

On Tue, 10 Mar 2015 10:24:50 +0000, Mark wrote:

On Fri, 06 Mar 2015 10:41:36 -0600, CBtye wrote:

Hello

I am thinking about starting to go camping for holidays and I am new
to it.
I have done a little bit of camping before but that was quite a few
years ago.

I was wondering if the Vango Banshee 200 would be a good tent to use
as that is around my price range.

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/vango-ba...0-tent-p140006

I wont be going anywhere just yet as I will have to save up first so
mostly likely be looking to go either side of the school summer
holiday.

How are you travelling?
How many of you will there be?


Well there would only be me that will be going.
I would more likely to be walking / getting the train to the area.


I'm not personally familiar with this particular tent but it does sound
suitable for your needs.


OK, thanks
Will take a look at it in store when I can do next
  #6 (permalink)  
Old April 25th 15, 06:44 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Ed Benton
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default New to camping

The banshee is an excellent tent, but it suffers from issues due to its
shape. Similarly to the Zephyros 2 and Laser Comp tents, it isn't free
standing (guylines need to be pegged out for the tent to stand
properly). This makes it much more hassle to shift the tent to
somewhere with better ground if you find a lump or a slope.

Also, all the height is above your waist, where you don't need it. I'd
recommend the Vango Mirage 200 instead. It's freestanding once the
poles are in so its easy to just get inside and lay down, then shift it
a few feet if it isnt comfortable. Its semi geodesic so much more
stable with its back to the wind. Also theres loads of room at the door
and a generous porch.

See review he

http://www.hikersblog.co.uk/vango-mi...0-tent-review/

  #7 (permalink)  
Old May 11th 16, 06:32 AM
Rubby_William Rubby_William is offline
Junior Member
 
First recorded activity by CaravanBanter: May 2016
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBtye View Post
Hello

I am thinking about starting to go camping for holidays and I am new to
it.
I have done a little bit of camping before but that was quite a few years
ago.

I was wondering if the Vango Banshee 200 would be a good tent to use as
that is around my price range.

Vango Banshee 200 Tent | GO Outdoors

I wont be going anywhere just yet as I will have to save up first so
mostly likely be looking to go either side of the school summer holiday.
Not sure about the price but it is a suitable one.
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.0.0 RC6
Copyright 2004-2017 Caravan Banter.
The comments are property of their posters.