Small tent with standing room and a porch

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 23rd 15, 10:21 AM posted to rec.outdoors.camping,uk.rec.camping
James Harris[_2_]

Default Small tent with standing room and a porch

"gregz" wrote in message
"James Harris" wrote:
I am looking for a tent which

* allows a 6-foot (182cm) person to stand up in
* has a "porch", i.e. somewhere covered to take off wet shoes etc
* is not expensive
* is for one person (me)
* has a small footprint
* is fairly lightweight as it and other things have to fit in a 15kg
ferry allowance

I have a couple steep walled tents. No porch flap. On the large one I
just
made my own top piece extending out for rain.

In the end I went for a Trespass Go Further 2 Man Tent, weight about
10kg. Like yours it doesn't have a porch. I might be able to add
something over the front guy cords for another time.

One slight surprise; although it was advertised as a Trespass tent the
actual one I received was a Regatta. The model is a Regatta Premium
909/9823(D) 2-man weekend tent.

I would have guessed that Trespass and Regatta were company names and
separate companies but perhaps not. Or perhaps they both resell the same
Chinese-made tent under different names.

James