Warranty - who is meant to protect

Old April 27th 17, 03:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

Default Warranty - who is meant to protect

I want to raise the issue of warranty because as far as I can see it appears a very tortuous and biased system. Tortuous because everything has to go back to the manufacturer and sometimes takes weeks to resolve and biased because they have the last say on whether an item is covered under warranty or not.

I have a Coachman Vision and in March when I came to change the battery out, to keep the alarm going whilst in storage, I noticed the battery box had split from front to back. I've been into the battery box about 6 times in the three years I have owned the van and I do not believe the damage is down to me. I submitted a claim to Coachman who, in there wisdom say it is not a warranty claim.

I have no say in the matter and there word is final, they did indicate they thought that it had been damaged which pointed the finger at me. I've had a quote and I could be over £400 out of pocket!

I just wondered how many others are having this sort of problem, and whether Coachman in particular, have a reputation for this sort of approach.
Old April 27th 17, 04:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Stottle[_5_]

On 27/04/2017 15:11, wrote:
[...]

On 27/04/2017 16:27, Sam wrote:
You need to work via the dealer. They are the ones who are responsible under
the sale of goods act.

I agree the contract is with the dealer, but the Sale of Goods Act has now
been replaced by the Consumer Rights Act, 2015, link for details about this
from Which, below.
If the dealer fails to cooperate, and you are sure it is faulty manufacture,
you should have the option to try and claim the costs from the dealer using
the Small Claims Court

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-righ...mpaign=generic