1st time camping requirements

Old June 14th 17, 02:28 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Stephen[_3_]

Default 1st time camping requirements

Hello,

I'm thinking of going camping for the first time this year, with my
children. Is there a list of what I need to buy or borrow?

A tent, a sleeping bag...

Something to cook on or do you eat out?

Chairs and a table if you are "eating in"

A torch or other light for at night

Do you tend to take water to the tent or do you use the camp site
facilities for tooth brushing, washing-up, etc?

What else?

Thanks,
Stephen.
Old August 1st 17, 10:56 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Mark[_16_]

On Wed, 14 Jun 2017 15:28:19 +0100, Stephen
wrote:

Hello,

I'm thinking of going camping for the first time this year, with my
children. Is there a list of what I need to buy or borrow?

A tent, a sleeping bag...

A groundsheet (and more than one sleeping bag ;-)

Repair kit, First Aid kit, Mattresses, sun lotion, insect repellent,

Something to cook on or do you eat out?

Both. And don't forget matches or a lighter.

Chairs and a table if you are "eating in"

A torch or other light for at night

Very important. And don't forget batteries and fuel.

Do you tend to take water to the tent or do you use the camp site
facilities for tooth brushing, washing-up, etc?

We use a water container and the camp site facilities.

Also Coolbox, small water bottles, plastic cups, metal mugs, soap,
sponges, cloths.

Cameras, maps, toys, bikes etc.