WiFi on French campsites

Old July 29th 17, 06:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Keith Keith

Default WiFi on French campsites

Just returned from (almost) four weeks touring Nord pas de Calais to Brittany,
nine different Camping Card affiliated sites all of which had free WiFi and
only two restricted to a hotspot near the reception/restaurant/shop area.
CAMC and C&CC please take note if you monitor this Newsgroup.

Keith

Old July 30th 17, 01:42 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Miller[_4_]

On 29/07/2017 18:04, Keith Keith wrote:
Just returned from (almost) four weeks touring Nord pas de Calais to
Brittany, nine different Camping Card affiliated sites all of which had
free WiFi and only two restricted to a hotspot near the
reception/restaurant/shop area. CAMC and C&CC please take note if you
monitor this Newsgroup.

Keith

Similar experience in Germany when we were there in June. Three ACSI
sites free (one hotspot), plus one which charged 5 euros for a week for
3 devices. Contrast that with C&CC who charge 10ukp for a week for one
device & limited data. There's no chance of either club monitoring this
newsgroup and even if they did, they wouldn't change their policy. Needs
members to make a fuss, or, do as I do and refuse to use their expensive
WiFi. A local Wetherspoons or McDonalds always comes in handy!
Might mention that our usual last stop at Chateau du Gandspette in
France - now an ACSI site - has eye-wateringly expensive WiFi - won't
use that either!
John M
Old July 30th 17, 07:10 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Keith Keith

Hello John,

We use Camping Saint Louis at Autignes; gave up on Gandspette before it had
WiFi.
Keith