Bedford CF gearbox change ?

Old October 24th 17, 08:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

Default Bedford CF gearbox change ?

On Saturday, January 16, 1999 at 8:00:00 AM UTC, Niall wrote:
On Fri, 15 Jan 1999 19:49:54 -0800, "John Jenner"
wrote:
I have a CF camper with the 2.3 petrol engine and overdrive gearbox the whole camper is yours for £1000 call/text me 07860212408
Hi
I think I have read somewhere that it is possible to fit a 5 speed box on
the petrol 2.3lt Bedford CF...

Anyone have any experience of this conversion ?

The 5 speed boxes are crawler first, not overdrive top.
Is this what you want?

Even if you can find a high ratio axle, the 4 speed first gear is low
enough unless you're at max. gross weight.
ISTR there was an overdrive option, but where you'ld get one now...
--

Niall