CC & e-mail

Old July 14th 03, 02:52 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Default CC & e-mail

Hi,
The E-mail question I sent to the CC on the 10th. was answered by them this
am.
Not bad seeing a w/e in between.
Well done CC.

Please reply to News Group.

"David" wrote in message news:...

"Harry Rogers" wrote in message

I sent two e-mails a fortnight ago, not even had an acknowledgement.

Have used the members only link to ask a genuine question I was going to
write in about as I did not know one could e-mail untill now.
Have just recieved an auto- acknowlegement.

Please reply to News Group.

Old July 14th 03, 05:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike Williams

"David" wrote in message
..

The E-mail question I sent to the CC on the 10th. was answered by
them this am. Not bad seeing a w/e in between. Well done CC.

I've just had a quick look at their new web site and personally I think that
although they are moving in the right direction they still have a long way
to go.

I entered "open all year" into their search engine and was quickly presented
with a link that looked very promising. Sadly, when I looked at it all I got
was a page telling me how nice it is to use their sites in the off season
when rates are less and sites are quiete and peaceful. Of course I already
knew that, otherwise I wouldn't be searching for "open all year"! I had half
expected to be provided with a list of such sites, and perhaps even a nice
little map showing their locations and a brief description, but sadly it was
not to be.

So, I'll just have to manually trawl through their book, as I have always
done. It would certainly have put me off if I had been a prospective CC
member (rather than an existing member). I'd have gone straight back to
Google and looked for "open all year" sites elsewhere.

What a wasted opportunity (for the CC).

Mike

Old July 15th 03, 10:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
MikeB

"Mike Williams" wrote in message

snip
I entered "open all year" into their search engine and was quickly

presented
with a link that looked very promising. Sadly, when I looked at it all I

got
was a page telling me how nice it is to use their sites in the off season
when rates are less and sites are quiete and peaceful.

snip

If you enter the "club sites" section of the web site it is v. easy to set a
number of criteria for sites including "open all year"

MikeB

Old July 16th 03, 10:44 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike Williams

"MikeB" wrote in message

If you enter the "club sites" section of the web site it is v. easy to set

number of criteria for sites including "open all year"

Thanks, MikeB. Exactly what I wanted. I had loads of trouble getting onto
the members area, though. We are joint members using two different surnames
and I was entering the joint membership number and my own surname (detals
from my own membership card). Eventually, after lots of attempts, I entered
my partner's surname instead and got on straight away! They obviously need
to correct this problem. I'll mail them about it.

Sad that the search engine only covers club sites, though. We do stay at
lots of club sites throughout the year, but for about a third of the year we
are (not surprisingly) particularly interested in "open all year" sites, and
there are only half a dozen of those in the entire North of England, an area
covering Lancashire, Cheshire, Yorkshire, The Lake District, in fact
everything from the Manchester area right up to Scotland. Now if they could
get the same search engine working on all those Certified Locations I'd be a
very happy bunny :-)

Mike

Old July 16th 03, 12:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
MikeB

"Mike Williams" wrote in message

snip
Sad that the search engine only covers club sites, though.

snip

Yes, we use CL's a lot and database you could search on would be great, then
I can download the results onto the laptop and off we go! I have a great
aversion to booking because we never know where we are going and enjoy
picking cls in the evening before moving the next day.

MikeB