Halford's

Old July 13th 03, 11:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Alan Holmes

Default Halford's

"Nigel Crompton" wrote in message

Anyone seen the advert? Stores staffed by monkeys?

It's true!

Just called in for beam benders for C5. As it happens I still have the
instructions for the ones I put on the Xantia last year, so had a look
at them first. C5 not mentioned. Picks up the pack at Halfords "fits
most cars" it says. So I grab an assistant :

"Are these suitable for a C5?"

"Can't say...."

" Well the instructions in the pack I bought last year don't mention
C5"

"You'll have to buy them & bring back if they don't fit"

"Can you not just open the pack & find out?"

"No, we can't do that...."

Why didn't YOU open the box?

Alan

Old July 14th 03, 11:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nigel Crompton

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 23:43:44 +0100, "Alan Holmes"
wrote:

Why didn't YOU open the box?

Not a box - bubble pack!

But it has had a happy ending. I phoned Halford's HO Customer Service
today (yeah, right, I thought so too..) where I spoke to a well
informed youg lady who immediately gave me the phone number of the
manufacturer (which is not on last year's packaging) and a contact
name. Phone the number to be told that "Yes, indeed, there are now C5
fitting instructions" So, I'll buy some termorrer.