Theft of New Caravan

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 3rd 03, 10:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
a wizard

Default Theft of New Caravan

"Gazz" wrote in message

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
| On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 23:21:49 +0100, "a wizard"
| wrote:
|
| Thanks for all the suggestions
|
| One thing that hasn't been mentioned in this thread is a Tracker. I
| don't know much about them, but I wonder how much they cost and if it
| would be possible to fit one to a caravan.
|
| Travec

I have not looked up the details on that system, but think you would be
looking at 1000, a yearly subscription, plus a substantial size of
battery to keep it going.

Well, the trackers sold for cars don't need a substantial battery, they

work
fine off the vehicles battery and their internal battery, they sit idle

most
of the time anyway, so a leisure battery of the type already fitted to the
van would seem the ideal power source,

last time i looked about 500 was the cost for the unit, of course fitting
usually doubles the price, but you have to choice of a one off

subscription
which works out a lot cheaper, unless you change vehicles every few

months,
but you can transfer the subscription to the new owner at cost i suppose.

only problem is, what will the police do when the tracker signal leads

them
to your van.. parked in the middle of a diddy camp with half a dozen rabid
children and unruly dogs running free?

The question of what will be done ..... now thats a serious debate to get
going especially after the recent Police Bravey Awards.