Breakdown cover + anything else I've forgotten

Old July 15th 03, 03:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Default Breakdown cover + anything else I've forgotten

I use may Day for UK., and red Pennant when on the continent you can't beat
it, others only cover vans up to a certain length. Its the small print you
need to read. Derek
"Leyland_Leopard" wrote in message
We take delivery of our caravan in little more than a week now. I'm quite
sure that I've forgotten hundreds of practical things.

One query I have is with regards to breakdown cover, recovery etc. I have
breakdown cover on my car with Direct Line. Do I need to take out a
separate recovery policy for the caravan, or is it possible to extend the
car policy to cover the caravan? If the former - what are the best bets
(I'm a member of the C&CC if that makes any difference).

What else on the practical point of view might I have forgotten? I have
mirrors, the caravan comes with awning, wastemaster, water, etc. I will
insure the caravan, notify my car insurers, etc

All help gratefully received - thank you in advance!