Battery question

Old July 15th 03, 07:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Default Battery question

A friend as asked me the following........

When I opened the battery compartment of the caravan tonight the battery
tray had 1/8" of water and the battery had like condesation all over. Any
ideas what could cause this.

Many thanks for any help.
The caravan is new, do not know if battery is, would think might well be
carried over from previous caravan.
It is a Bailey and I know as been back to dealer with 2 or 3 electrical
problems allready.

Please reply to News Group.

Old July 15th 03, 08:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Derek

My new van is the same I found it was rain water entering the door and
dropping into the battery tray. Derek

Old July 16th 03, 08:17 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy R

"Derek" wrote in message
My new van is the same I found it was rain water entering the door and
dropping into the battery tray.

Well built then!

Rgds

Andy R

Old July 16th 03, 08:22 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy R

"David" wrote in message
A friend as asked me the following........

When I opened the battery compartment of the caravan tonight the battery
tray had 1/8" of water and the battery had like condesation all over. Any
ideas what could cause this.

If you're lucky it could just be condensation. The last couple of days have
been pretty humid and if the battery cools down overnight it's got quite a
bit of mass to warm up before reaching the temperature of its surroundings.

Rgds

Andy R