Distance between caravans

Old July 17th 03, 06:31 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Default Distance between caravans

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 23:03:15 +0100, "Phil Marley"

| Hello all,
| can anyone tell me if there is a legal requirement for caravans to be a
| certain distance apart on camp sites, i.e. to prevent the spread of fire
| perhaps?

Depends where you are IIRC The Fire Brigades insist on 5 Meters.
There is also a greater regulation width for ?road? ways between lines of
vans to alow access for fire engines
I met this on a very well organisted temporary site.
If any site does not use at least this I would move on.

The Clubs and good commercial sites use slightly wider spacing 20ft, 6
metres, 7 metres.

Dave Fawthrop Reading threads which are both
bottom and top posted is a pain in the *rs*. Posts should be trimmed
and bottom posted. http://www.usenet.org.uk/usenet-information.html