Old April 7th 05, 06:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
unsub2004

Default Thetford cassette C-200 CW

We always empty the toilet out and drain water down before going home.
By the way we put pink liquid in the flush tank, the blue liquid goes in the
cassette.
If you aren't going away for long you don't have to fill up your flush tank,
just put a small amount in, and top it up. Once you have used it for a few
times you get an ides of how long it lasts, then you don't have to worry
about having too much in there if you don't want to empty it out, but you
are running the risk of getting water slopping about and wetting the inside
of your van when towing home.

"duzz" wrote in message
Just spent our first weekend away in our "new" van, a Bailey Ranger
2000. We arrived on site with everything drained down and had to fill
her up (couldn't understand why the water pump wouldn't stop - until I
found the drain tap underneath the van).
I put quarter of a loo blue into the fresh water tank of the Thetford
then emptied a 5 ltr bottle of water into it. It worked very well for
the three days on site, but when I towed the van home I found blue
streaks down the front of the toilet fresh water tank inside the van.
It had leaked out when the water slopped about with the movement of
the van.
Surely the tank doesn't have to be drained every time you need to
move. Is there a kit of some sort to fix leaks like that?