No Kids...

Old July 4th 03, 11:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bill Delue

Default No Kids...

"Mike Williams" wrote in message

Actually, you're quite right, Bill. Both kids and dogs can be a nuisance at
times. I suppose it's a matter of personal experience. Personally I have
never had any trouble with kids misbehaving on sites, whereas I have had
lots of trouble with unruly dogs. I would personally opt for a "No Dogs"
site every time if I could, but unfortunately (for obvious economic reasons)
there are not so many of those. Caravanning families seem to have many more
"dogs per unit" than the general population, probably because they have
taken up caravanning due to many hotels refusing to take their dogs, whereas
the number of "kids per unit" seems to be about the same as the general
population (or probably a lot less, due to the average age of caravanners
(from my experience) being a little older than the average age of the
general populaton).

Mike

Hi Mike
Unforntunatley we have the two dogs, we have tried hotels and guest
house
which have been succesful but as our two dogs malt hair all the time we
are
not comfy going into to hotels and guest houses or other
peoples homes (relative included) with the dogs so we stick to
carvanning
We have had some problems with kids but generally only minor ones I have
seen
other more aggrevating ones, also lazy dog owners, but its nice to chill
out
on a quiet site sometimes. There are "No dog" sites but for some reason
alot
of them are expensive. ( Lakeland in grang over sands cumbria do not
have dogs
at bank holidays and peak times at other times its 3 per dog (cheaper
to have
more kids)). We will be back at our normal summer site for three weeks
which allows
kids and also dogs (do you like that "allows kids"!!) We will chill out
and watch the kids wizz past on their bikes, luckily our normal pitch is
on a slope
with a hedge behind and main road of the site in front so no ball games.
Anyway happy holidays with quiet kids and dogs and most of all
responsible
kids/dog owners.

Bill Delue