ABI Ace Tycoon 1993

Old January 19th 05, 09:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
KAREN BRADLEY

Default ABI Ace Tycoon 1993

I have been offered a ABI Ace Tycoon (6 berth 1993 model) - does anybody
have any information on this caravan?
many thanks

Old January 20th 05, 10:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David @ Home

"KAREN BRADLEY" wrote in message
.uk...
I have been offered a ABI Ace Tycoon (6 berth 1993 model) - does anybody
have any information on this caravan?
many thanks

What sort of information are you looking for. They were a mid range van of
the time, an oven was optional, hot water was standard and the fanmaster
hadn't been invented yet.

The front panel fitting was a new idea that didn't work, but any service
history should have resolved that issue.

Check for soggyness, particularly in the hard to reach upper rear corners.

Cheers

Old January 21st 05, 09:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
KAREN BRADLEY

"David @ Home" wrote in message

"KAREN BRADLEY" wrote in message
.uk...
I have been offered a ABI Ace Tycoon (6 berth 1993 model) - does anybody
have any information on this caravan?
many thanks

What sort of information are you looking for. They were a mid range van of
the time, an oven was optional, hot water was standard and the fanmaster
hadn't been invented yet.

The front panel fitting was a new idea that didn't work, but any service
history should have resolved that issue.

Check for soggyness, particularly in the hard to reach upper rear corners.

Cheers

David

Any known common bad points, leaks, and also the layout of the beds (its a 6
berth)

Old January 21st 05, 10:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David @ Home

Any known common bad points, leaks, and also the layout of the beds (its a

6
berth)

As I said earlier, there is a design fault at the front leading to excessive
sogginess around the edges and below the windows where the gas bottle locker
hinge is. I would have expected this to have been sorted before now, If it
hasn't, then the van will be almost worthless, you will see the blackness
creeping up between the front windows. I also mentioned the back upper
corners which are hidden inside lockers and not easily checked.

However, any van needs a good going over with a meter, and one at 12 years
old had better have a reasonable service history, and it still wants going
over.

Make sure the Cris doc is available and the address matches, and the date
letter for a 1993 should be a 'P' 8 digits from the end.

Layout is as follows:- The entrance door in front of the axle. Standard size
double at the front, toilet then wardrobe on the offside oppposite kitchen
and entrance door on nearside. Long single with bunk above on nearside,
single dinette with bunk above on offside. Some came with just the long beds
at the back, can't remember the year of change, sorry.

cheers