German/European caravan dealers: recommendations anyone?

Old July 5th 03, 08:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Doc

Default German/European caravan dealers: recommendations anyone?

Simon muttered enquiringly:
Hi group-
just seen the new baby from Tabbert called [email protected] and loved the look of
it...but the price in this country seems stratospheric.
We wondered if it could be cheaper to go abroad and buy one to import
ourselves.
So- has anyone tried the same thing with their purchase, and can they
recommend a dealership "over there"?

----****-----
Simon, do a google-search on this NG about importing German 'vans and you
should come up with loads of postings.

Quite a number of us have done it, and the trend seems to be increasing,
because of the dreadful rip-off prices for caravans in the UK, and the,
generally, abysmal quality of UK 'vans. You'll pay ~65% of the price
charged here for a similar 'van. (minus the UK damp)

Dealers are listed on the various manufacturers web sites; I just did a
trawl (by e-mail) of about 20 and chose mine on the basis of response time,
English spoken, accessibility to ports and price.
A number of us, (must be at least 20 now) have bought Hobby caravans from
http://www.joeressen.de/ and one of us (Lenny) has set up a German
caravan web site http://www.gervan.plus.com/ . Others have bought in
Holland and from other dealers in Germany.

It's no more difficult than bringing back wine! So good luck and go for it.

Cheers, Doc.

Old July 6th 03, 11:32 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Simon

Doc, what a great reply- thanks very much, I'll definitely go for
it...thanks again, simon.

Old July 7th 03, 10:08 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul

Camping Krings are a Tabbert dealer in Monchengladbach (bigger town 20mins
from Joeressens)

www.camping-krings.de

Paul

t.net...