Thetford cassette C-200 CW

Old April 7th 05, 11:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

Default Thetford cassette C-200 CW

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 19:35:22 GMT, duzz wrote:

We are going off at a tangent here. What I would realy like to know is
how do I fix the leak :-)

It depends upon what sort of Toilet it is. There are two kinds, one
with a swivle basin and one with a bench type basin. If it is the
bench type then the only place it would be likely to leek would be
around what is the hand flush mechanism on the non electric version or
around the toilet roll holder on the electric flush version. There is
a rubber O ring in there that is replaceable. If it's the newer swivel
type bowl I can not see a similar place or weakness from the diagrams
of mine .

(remove the spam to reply)
Old April 8th 05, 12:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
duzz

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 23:49:12 +0100, bill lord
wrote:

It depends upon what sort of Toilet it is. There are two kinds, one
with a swivle basin and one with a bench type basin.

It's the swivel type. The water has left streaks down the full width
of the front of the tank, around the waste indicator light was also
wet.

Old April 8th 05, 03:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

wrote:

It depends upon what sort of Toilet it is. There are two kinds, one
with a swivle basin and one with a bench type basin.

It's the swivel type. The water has left streaks down the full width
of the front of the tank, around the waste indicator light was also
wet.

If the waste indicator is the highest place that is wet then since
this is an insert in the tank I wouuld imagine that there is an O ring
seal there, if there is this could be the problem. I would contact
either a caravan service department and ask them or ring Thetford, the
telephone number on my two year old manual is 02476 322700. They will
tell you where to look and also tell you if there is a seal there to
replace, they might also sell you one. Remember these seals have some
problems with some chemicals, I would stick to either no chemicals or
the recommended pink fluid if I were you. The fluids Pink Diamond and
Blue Diamond are much cheaper than the Thetford products and just as
effective.

(remove the spam to reply)

Old April 8th 05, 07:07 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nigel Crompton

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 19:35:22 GMT, duzz wrote:

We are going off at a tangent here. What I would realy like to know is
how do I fix the leak :-)

Warranty issue, surely ??

Old April 8th 05, 11:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David @ Home

"duzz" wrote in message
Just spent our first weekend away in our "new" van, a Bailey Ranger
2000. We arrived on site with everything drained down and had to fill
her up (couldn't understand why the water pump wouldn't stop - until I
found the drain tap underneath the van).
I put quarter of a loo blue into the fresh water tank of the Thetford
then emptied a 5 ltr bottle of water into it. It worked very well for
the three days on site, but when I towed the van home I found blue
streaks down the front of the toilet fresh water tank inside the van.
It had leaked out when the water slopped about with the movement of
the van.
Surely the tank doesn't have to be drained every time you need to
move. Is there a kit of some sort to fix leaks like that?

The tank, if full, will leak past the plate that contains the flush switch.
it is only lightly sealed, so that it can be removed. If wanting to move
sites when the tank is still nearly full, just flush it until only half
full.

Cheers