Thetford cassette C-200 CW

Old April 7th 05, 05:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
duzz

Default Thetford cassette C-200 CW

Just spent our first weekend away in our "new" van, a Bailey Ranger
2000. We arrived on site with everything drained down and had to fill
her up (couldn't understand why the water pump wouldn't stop - until I
found the drain tap underneath the van).
I put quarter of a loo blue into the fresh water tank of the Thetford
then emptied a 5 ltr bottle of water into it. It worked very well for
the three days on site, but when I towed the van home I found blue
streaks down the front of the toilet fresh water tank inside the van.
It had leaked out when the water slopped about with the movement of
the van.
Surely the tank doesn't have to be drained every time you need to
move. Is there a kit of some sort to fix leaks like that?
Old April 7th 05, 05:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
unsub2004

We always empty the toilet out and drain water down before going home.
By the way we put pink liquid in the flush tank, the blue liquid goes in the
cassette.
If you aren't going away for long you don't have to fill up your flush tank,
just put a small amount in, and top it up. Once you have used it for a few
times you get an ides of how long it lasts, then you don't have to worry
about having too much in there if you don't want to empty it out, but you
are running the risk of getting water slopping about and wetting the inside
of your van when towing home.

Old April 7th 05, 06:58 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
duzz

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 18:39:04 +0100, "unsub2004"
wrote:

We always empty the toilet out and drain water down before going home.
By the way we put pink liquid in the flush tank, the blue liquid goes in the
cassette.

I put AquaChem blue in the waste tank, emptied that of course. The
loo-blue was bought in Tesco's for about 40p and a quarter put in the
fresh water tank - a lot cheaper than the pink stuff and a lot more
effective ( read that in this news group ) It is bacause the water was
like ink that the leak showed up :-(

Old April 7th 05, 07:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 18:58:56 GMT, duzz wrote:

| On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 18:39:04 +0100, "unsub2004"
| wrote:
|
| We always empty the toilet out and drain water down before going home.
| By the way we put pink liquid in the flush tank, the blue liquid goes in the
| cassette.
|
| I put AquaChem blue in the waste tank, emptied that of course. The
| loo-blue was bought in Tesco's for about 40p and a quarter put in the
| fresh water tank - a lot cheaper than the pink stuff and a lot more
| effective ( read that in this news group ) It is bacause the water was
| like ink that the leak showed up :-(

I gave up on *all* blue toilet fluid, formaldehyde is much too strong IMO,
and changed to Aqua chem green, much more reasonable to handle. Also use
Aquachem pink in the flush tank. Tried cheaper alternatives and
concluded that they were coloured water.

--
Dave F
Flight is right
Old April 7th 05, 07:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old April 7th 05, 07:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
duzz

We are going off at a tangent here. What I would realy like to know is
how do I fix the leak :-)

Old April 7th 05, 10:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 19:35:22 GMT, duzz wrote:

We are going off at a tangent here. What I would realy like to know is
how do I fix the leak :-)

It depends upon what sort of Toilet it is. There are two kinds, one
with a swivle basin and one with a bench type basin. If it is the
bench type then the only place it would be likely to leek would be
around what is the hand flush mechanism on the non electric version or
around the toilet roll holder on the electric flush version. There is
a rubber O ring in there that is replaceable. If it's the newer swivel
type bowl I can not see a similar place or weakness from the diagrams
of mine .

(remove the spam to reply)