Lunar Jupiter info please

Old August 25th 03, 08:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Glenn Clark

Default Lunar Jupiter info please

Hi all

Just bought my first caravan this weekend a 1992 Lunar Jupiter 5 berth, the
problem is that the model came with no manual and no spare wheel. Can anyone
tell me the tyre pressures and torque settings for the wheels, also does
anyone know the what the wheel size is itself so I can get hold of a spare
1.

Thanks

Glenn

Old August 25th 03, 08:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lenny

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 21:00:49 +0100, "Glenn Clark"
wrote:

Hi all

Just bought my first caravan this weekend a 1992 Lunar Jupiter 5 berth, the
problem is that the model came with no manual and no spare wheel. Can anyone
tell me the tyre pressures and torque settings for the wheels, also does
anyone know the what the wheel size is itself so I can get hold of a spare
1.

Thanks

Glenn

Tyre pressure should be 36 psi assuming they are 165 x 13.
I don't want to sound alarm bells ringing but do check it out
thoroughly for damp Lunar's of this era weren't call 'Leaky Lunar's'
without reason I am speaking as an ex Jupiter owner.
For the spare you should be able to get a rim from any caravan dealer
for about 20 I think is a 5J x 13 just make sure the PCD of the
mounting holes are right, running gear should be Knott, Lunar make
their own chassis.

Lenny
Old August 25th 03, 11:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter Milnes

Just to confirm that psi should be 36 and the tyres are 165 x 13 reinforced, or
small truck tyres, usually 6-ply. Wheel nut torque is 65 lbsft. Wheel size is
indeed 5J x 13.

Your maximum design weight which must not be exceeded is 1100kg (21.7cwt).
Ideally the kerb weight of your towing vehicle should be around 1250kg
(24.7cwt).

Information presented here is from Lunar Technical Specification and Lunar
Owner's handbook. There are no leaks whatsoever in my 1992 Clubman 400-2.

Cheers, Peter.

"Lenny" wrote in message
: On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 21:00:49 +0100, "Glenn Clark"
: wrote:
:
: Hi all
: