Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : UK Camping Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Archie's Campings updated by Keith
At: http://www.archiescampings.eu/downloadpage/
October 24th 11 10:13 PM
by Keith Go to last post
0 844
Sad sign of the times? by Neil
Perhaps I have been naiive but in about 40 years of camping I have never considered that any camper on a site would stoop so low as to steal another camper's cool bag full of provisions. Llyn Gwynant campsite Snowdonia, June 9th, during the day while we were out some low-life scum decided to relieve us of almost our entire food supply from where it was tucked underneath the camping...
September 7th 11 11:27 PM
by Neil Go to last post
5 840
Camping Toaster by Rob[_3_]
Anyone any experience of such things - that work? Just bought one of these: http://www.campingthing.com/yellowstone-4-slice-camping-toaster/ Tried on the gas hob at home and after 25 minutes the wholemeal bread is just about toasted, but crumbles to dust. I'd prefer this system to a grill in the interests of portability. Rob
September 7th 11 06:01 PM
by Neil Go to last post
3 1,109
Archiescampings updated by Keith
ArchiesCampings update:- http://www.archiescampings.eu/eng1/
August 23rd 11 10:49 AM
by Keith Go to last post
0 650
Welsh Police act over disorder & vandalism by fly-campers by Jon[_7_]
This is the last thing real campers need! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-14515868 Summary: Police & local authorities are cracking down on groups fly- camping on beaches in the Gower because of disorder, vandalism and littering (inc abandoning or burning cheap tents rather than taking them home). Perhaps the local authorities should consider setting up cheap basic
August 18th 11 08:37 AM
by Nigel[_5_] Go to last post
1 700
FS Ajungilak lightweight sleeping bag on eBay by Neil
Hi guys, I don't even know if anyone reads this group much any more - shame, it used to be well used! Anyway, I have far too much camping kit, so I'm starting to sell off the no longer used, surplus. A Caranex H1 has already gone but there's a lot more to go. eBay Item number: 280716950519
August 5th 11 09:19 AM
by Paul[_6_] Go to last post
3 788
Lichfield Challenger 3 Tent by Geoff[_2_]
Just borrowed a Lichfield 'Challenger 3' Tent. Some years old. No instructions on how to erect thouigh, and I'm a bit of a tent novice!!! Don't seem so easy as my one-man hoop tent. Anyone got a set of instructions for this tent they would be prepared to scan and email to me? I'd be very grateful Geoff.
July 27th 11 02:26 PM
by johnwithah Go to last post
1 2,268
Archies Campings by Keith
Archie has added 25,180 phone numbers (no additional sites!) to his campsites files at: http://www.archiescampings.eu/eng1/ Regards, Keith
July 7th 11 11:50 AM
by Keith Go to last post
0 864
Lichfield Arapaho 6 DLX 2006 by Stephen Burdin
We're about to buy our first tent (2 adults and one 4 year old) and we have our eye on the Lichfield Arapaho 6 DLX 2006. Has anybody had any experience with this tent?. From the various pictures we've seen it looks as if it might be quite dark in the main living area - there only appears to be 2 fairly small windows on either side of the entrance. Also, is there door between the entrance...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 28th 11 07:00 PM
by deedee Go to last post
14 2,755
Archies Campings by Keith
Archie has updated his campsites files at: http://www.archiescampings.eu/eng1/ Regards, Keith
June 20th 11 07:33 PM
by Keith Go to last post
0 633
WHW campsites by Steve Ray[_2_]
Guys I've nealry finished my planning for the WHW in May this year and will be camping, and thankfully using travel-lite for my luggage service. For those of you who have completed the WHW do you have any recommendations for any campsites along the route. I'm now walking the route the traditional way (south to north) so will be looking for campsites on or near to:
April 18th 11 04:49 PM
by Sandy Birrell Go to last post
2 661
Best Trekking Guide In Nepal by nepalguideinfo
Testimonials The trekking was very nice, the weather was beautiful, the days were long but we had seen lots of beautiful Himalayas. We liked the views from Gokyo and the Island peak. We thanked our Independent guide Mr Sanjib who organized the trip perfectly. We loved it!. We thanked Pemba who accompanied us as porter. -Timu and Pimu,France
March 7th 11 12:10 PM
by nepalguideinfo Go to last post
0 458
FAQ: Welcome to Usenet UK by Charles Lindsey
-------------------------------------------------------------------------- Until the UK Usenet hierarchy got too big, a regular 'Welcome to Usenet' message was routinely posted to all groups in uk.* With the decline of Usenet, and the increase in the number of people accessing Usenet via Google Groups, it was felt that this informational posting should be...
February 28th 11 03:44 PM
by Charles Lindsey Go to last post
0 443
Archies campings updated - more CC-ACSIs by Keith
At: http://www.archiescampings.eu/eng1/ Keith
February 8th 11 05:50 PM
by Keith Go to last post
0 428
Cars link exchange by latestnews
Dear Friend, After visiting your site, I think that content about my sites would be helpful to the visitors. I request you that place a link of my sites at your link page; In return i will sure place your link along with description at http://www.mgdistributor.com/ pr 3 (Home page)
January 13th 11 05:45 AM
by latestnews Go to last post
0 454
Archies Campings by Keith
Updated as of 1/1/2001. Europe or individual countries/areas, Archies (allish), Camping cheque, Camping card ACSI options. Regards, Keith
January 6th 11 03:15 PM
by Keith Go to last post
0 420
Dissertation Help! Short Survey on Rural Tourism in the UK by beki-boo
Hi all, Please could you all take 5 minutes out of your time to fill in a short 10 question survey for me. It will help me greatly with my studies. My survey is about Rural Tourism in the UK. This includes climbing, walking, camping, culture, wildlife, sport and countryside etc. If you have participated in any of this in the UK before you would be a big help to me.
January 6th 11 01:53 PM
by beki-boo Go to last post
0 470
Stealth camping by user
Anybody tried any stealth camping? Any tips? Any good know how to pass on?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 1st 10 10:38 AM
by No Name Go to last post
13 3,261
licensing of campsites by George[_4_]
I was denied entry to a campsite with my trailer-tent recently. They said they were only licensed for caravans and camper vans. I wonder what the licensing issue is? Given that many caravans and campers also erect awnings (some of which are more elaborate than my trailer-tent), could it just be an excuse not to have tents (of any kind)? I should have asked about folding caravans - these...
September 19th 10 10:10 AM
by George[_4_] Go to last post
3 822
Calor gas by Bill[_9_]
HI, seeking a bit of advice please. Using a bog standard camping cooker, ie, two burners and a grill, roughly how long would a 4.5 kg gas cyclinder last. There will be two of us, camping for 5 days, so essentially it will be a campers breakfast (fry-up) and dinner in the evening, which is normally rice or pasta or tinned potatos plus whatever meat we cook. We use an electric kettle so...
September 6th 10 01:21 PM
by Mark[_17_] Go to last post
7 1,443
Post New Thread