Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : UK Camping Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
New Forum by Around the world in 800 days
We have just launched a new touring / around the world touring bike forum and review database. Round The World Bicycle Touring - http://worldbicycletouring.proboards.com Made for bike touring enthusiasts by bike touring enthusiasts. Hopefully you'll like it. Please join in, it's free and quick.
December 28th 09 04:09 PM
by Around the world in 800 days Go to last post
0 450
Calor gas: propane vs. butane by Stephen[_2_]
Hello, I was reading the Calor Gas FAQ at: http://www.calorgas.co.uk/faq/which-gas.htm It makes the interesting point that butane boils at 0 degrees Celsius, so butane cylinders won't work in the cold. It also says that propane should be used for barbeques and patio heaters. Is this for the same reason or is propane cheaper to produce?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 2nd 09 09:28 PM
by Grimly Curmudgeon Go to last post
32 2,435
Arichie's Campings by Keith
Updated (TomTom, not checked other SatNavs) 21/10/09. http://www.archiescampings.eu/eng1/ Keith
November 2nd 09 02:47 PM
by Keith Go to last post
0 477
200 grams from the dawn of the Solar System by blacklight[_2_]
One of my favourite camping spots is Australia's Nullarbor Plain.Tourists stick to the highway, the rest flat, sparse, deserted - like being on a different planet. A ‘Fireball Observatory’ was set up on the Nullarbor to track and retrieve meteorites. Now the first one was caught, a witness from the beginning of the solar...
October 25th 09 12:39 AM
by blacklight[_2_] Go to last post
0 431
Toileting problems by Stormin Mormon[_2_]
You learned that in a turd world nation? -- Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org .. Siobhan wrote in message
October 16th 09 10:00 PM
by Stormin Mormon[_2_] Go to last post
0 406
Uluru (Ayers Rock) - Australia by blacklight[_2_]
This site gives detailed information about flora, fauna, geology and the indigenous Aborigines who own that amazing rock - and much more (http://www.oz-greetings.com.au/geology/article/35/-b-ULURU---AYERS- ROCK--b-). Well illustrated. A must for everyone who’s heading there or has been there or is interested in quirks of Geology. Cheers - Klaus
September 13th 09 03:17 AM
by blacklight[_2_] Go to last post
0 378
Tenby recommendation? by [email protected]
Looking to camp in the Tenby area, my usual destination is Angle but a change is being called for. Fairly basic facilities will do. Thanks for any recommendations. Rog
September 12th 09 10:05 AM
by No Name Go to last post
5 530
FA Khyham Galaxy 400 by Rog[_2_]
http://tinyurl.com/mtjwbm btw Stayed at Lodge Farm, New Hedges, between Tenby and Saundersfoot. It was quite adequate but finished up visiting the same beaches and haunts that we covered from Angle :) Also caught the tail end of Hurricane Bill :( Rog
September 6th 09 06:28 PM
by Rog[_2_] Go to last post
0 445
Coating on Caranex tent gone sticky! by Neil
Hi guys, Here's a strange problem I'm hoping someone may have an answer for. I have a Caranex H1 tent which I have owned for quite a few years.. It has stayed in it's bag in the attic along with all my other tents(including a second Caranex H4) for some time since I haven't had a car I could use it with for at least 15 years. And it is probably about 4 years since it was last out and aired,...
August 31st 09 12:28 AM
by Neil Go to last post
0 1,131
Type Pressure? - Newbie by Dave D
"GrannieAnnie" wrote in message ... "Mark" wrote in message ... General advice seems to be set them to what the van says, usually on the inside of the drivers door. And yes, this is the only newsgroup for motorhomes in...
August 30th 09 10:02 AM
by Dave D Go to last post
0 439
camping in a city... by No Name
http://london.indymedia.org.uk/
August 28th 09 10:18 AM
by No Name Go to last post
0 397
Packing lists by James Harris
In case anyone else finds it useful: http://sundry.wikispaces.com/packing+lists It is a set of reminders for things to pack based on one from a travel company years ago with various additions. It sometimes helps to have a list of items to work from. James
August 27th 09 09:19 AM
by Mark[_17_] Go to last post
9 561
Looking for a camping safe by James Harris
Does anyone know of a safe that can be used while camping? I'm thinking of a container which emits a loud alarm if moved or tampered with in any way. This could be useful but I cannot find anyone who sells such a thing. It should be very lightweight and depend on the audible alarm for security. It's as something in which to store camera, camcorder and the like while away from the tent. The tent...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 23rd 09 11:46 PM
by James Harris Go to last post
24 1,584
Australia's Nullarbor Plain by blacklight[_2_]
Dog Rusty and I spent several weeks crisscrossing the amazing Nullarbor. It’s called the flattest place on Earth. In the north, the railway runs straight for 478km (297miles) without a bend. Once we camped where the moist climate of the ocean meets the dry air of the inland. That’s a battle line and produces the fiercest sunrises I have ever seen (see one at...
August 16th 09 02:21 AM
by blacklight[_2_] Go to last post
0 357
mosedale bothy by soundboy
has anyone recently been to mosedale bothy in the lakes heard its privately owned just wondering though is it still free to stay.
August 15th 09 03:11 PM
by soundboy Go to last post
0 368
Coleman tents by Clint Sharp
Last year at our local camping store (Camperlands) we saw a Coleman Weathermaster with 2 bedrooms for four people and a huge living area that could be set up as more bedrooms (clip in things). Obviously we didn't buy it, after all 'it'll always be there'. Now we have decided to go and buy it the camping store tells us they don't stock it anymore plus Coleman will be dropping the...
August 2nd 09 06:07 PM
by Phil Cook Go to last post
1 465
WesternEurope cambpsites by Keith
Just spotted Archie has updated his POIs http://www.archiescampings.eu/eng1/ Keith
July 31st 09 11:44 AM
by Keith Go to last post
0 326
indoor camping for softys by No Name
A big roof over a converted playing field. That would do!!! Or better still. Will the rain stop just for a good weekend? Will the lakes ever get full? Looked close yesterday. I know us dwelling in the UK have a need to moan about the weather but come on 'baby Jesus' giz a bit of sunshine, or even a bit of dull dryness. Rain rain go away, Come again another day.
July 30th 09 09:32 AM
by No Name Go to last post
0 351
Identify an awning by bifobear
I'm trying to identify an awning (at least I guess you'd call it an awning) I saw recently. It consisted of a single oblong sheet of tent fabric, maybe 6m by 4m. One of the short sides was tied over the top of the tent (in this case, but it'd work with a caravan), the other was attached to a long tent pole, which was bent into a flat parabola, and sticking in the ground at both ends. There...
July 29th 09 02:10 PM
by PaulH Go to last post
5 521
Outlook Express for May Fisher by Keith
You don't say what version of Windows (XP, Vista...) you are using but if you use Windows Explorer to find (in XP) Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe then right-click on msimn.exe, select "Send to", "Desktop (create shortcut)" to get shortcut on your desktop. If OE is not in the Program Files folder, us Windows Explorer's Search button to find the location of...
July 12th 09 04:40 PM
by Keith Go to last post
1 520
Post New Thread