Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : UK Camping Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
camping gaz stove with calor gas cylinders by Stephen[_2_]
Hello, Sorry if this is a FAQ but how easy is it to use a camping gaz stove with a calor gas cylinder? I'm about to buy a camping gaz stove and from what I had read here, camping gaz is abundant in Europe but not the UK. Near me there are several petrol stations and DIY stores all selling calor gas cylinders.
February 18th 09 10:39 AM
by Stephen[_2_] Go to last post
0 286
Cheaper travel. by [email protected]
I commute everyday exept weekends,to Kings cross, also regular weekends away camping with my partner I have searched online for ways of booking indirect, to save money. I have found the trainline . com, they are offering 35% discount on monthly tickets, anyone know of this ?. Also I have been told of money saving cashback . com with similar discounts on train & coach travel.. any idea's...
February 2nd 09 06:21 AM
by MatSav Go to last post
3 396
MSR Dragonfly - running stove at low fuel levels by Peter Chant[_2_]
Chaps, I have an MSR Dragonfly. With about 200ml of fuel remaining in a 590ml bottle it seems to pick up mainly air rather than fuel. It seems that the dangly thing on the flexible hose on the pump assembly picks up from the upmost end and hence cannot pick up the last of the fuel. I would expect that the stove would always miss the last few dregs of fuel but a whole third of a bottle being...
January 31st 09 12:59 PM
by R_Suter Go to last post
4 485
Camping Gaz 907 by Joe[_5_]
Hello from Northern Ayrshire! I have a german Camping Gaz 907 bottle, where could I refill or replace it here in Scotland? Thanks!
January 25th 09 11:18 PM
by chris French Go to last post
5 504
www.t4camper.co.uk by T4 Camper
Free resourse for all T4 and T5 VW Transporter camper or motorhome owners get your creation featured in a full page contact us with all your photos and details now and let us do the rest
January 11th 09 06:30 PM
by R_Suter Go to last post
1 372
Slightly OT - Double Cab Vans by limestone-cowboy
I'm looking for a new car and I'm considering changing my Mazda 6 for a Volkswagen Transporter\Mercedes Vito or similar with 4 or 5 seats. I sometimes have to carry large loads for work but tempted by a new Mazda 6 Anyone here have something similar, looking for recommendations.
January 3rd 09 03:11 PM
by R_Suter Go to last post
1 302
Waterproofing a frame tent by [email protected]
Any suggestions on what to use to waterproof an old fram tent? or is it just naturally waterproof?
November 25th 08 10:45 PM
by Neil Go to last post
3 772
Raider or Jupiter bivi's by MP[_2_]
Been thinking of a bivi for over nighters they seem a little on the expensive side but quite fancy the hooped type something like the RAB Ridge Raider or the Terra Nova Jupiter. Any one with experience with ether of these or any advice on other bivi's I would be grateful thanks. MP
November 17th 08 12:40 PM
by Boo Go to last post
9 1,759
which tents by soundboy
Hi, has anyone tried one of these pop-up tents - I'm wondering how robust these tent are - I'm due to do my ML Training / Assessment. I'm getting older so want something faster/easier to put up. I have a Vango hurracane which is well used and arkward to put up and probsbly ready for the bin (rips and tears) any ideas. SB
November 16th 08 09:52 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
8 661
Games video by angel
www.easythings5.blogspot.com
October 23rd 08 06:33 AM
by angel Go to last post
0 356
re-proofing a jacket. by Clint Sharp
Simple question, maybe a not so simple answer. After machine washing a sprayway jacket it's no longer waterproof. Any recommendations for re-waterproofing it based on your experience? -- Clint Sharp
October 8th 08 11:15 AM
by Mark[_13_] Go to last post
3 519
Trekkin Guide In Nepal by Babu
Great Himalaya is a government registered company comprised of qualified and experienced professionals. Great Himalaya has provided thousands of high quality trekking and tours trips for clients from all over the world. If your interest lies in trekking, rafting or cultural sightseeing, our professional and knowledgeable staff is available to make your stay comfortable and memorable. Leave...
October 5th 08 07:33 AM
by Babu Go to last post
0 343
MrBlueSkye says Toodle pip and goodbye. by MrBlueSkye
For many years (since Micronet days) I have been bouncing around the Newsgroups. To all of you who know me or have heard of me I bid you a fond farewell in advance. Unfortunately itís looking like MrBlueSkye will be clocking off for good shortly. A recent emergency visit and hospital stay in my local cardiac unit has revealed that I have an Aortic root aneurism that has billowed to 60mm...
September 29th 08 03:23 AM
by MrBlueSkye Go to last post
0 345
Self Inflating mats - opinions by Paul C
Hi Are these a lot more comfortable than the foam 'Karrimat' types or just a bit more comfortable? Is there a lot of comfort difference between a 3cm and a 5cm thick one. Are they mostly foam or air? Will be used by 5'9'' adults of about 10-12 stone on grass . Cannot really get the feel of them in their bags and cannot find anywhere with them already on display.(Hampshire). Going to be used...
September 24th 08 12:26 AM
by Paul[_6_] Go to last post
7 412
Wiring of European plugs - live/neutral?? by Lobster
I'm in the middle of wiring up a cable for an electrical hook up to be used while camping in France. I have a French 3-pin plug bought there on a previous visit, but in opening it up I find there's absolutely no indication which of the two power pins is live and neutral. Doesn't it matter? I will be using the cable with an RCD device; won't that object and trip out if the wiring's the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 7th 08 07:00 PM
by Lobster Go to last post
37 4,016
Tent Comparison by Graham Drabble[_2_]
Hi all, I'm looking to replace my tent. For the last 6 years I've had a Vaude Hogan which I've been very happy with. However the groundsheet is now wearing thin and is letting water through. The tent is used throughout the year (including mid winter) for anything up to 7 nights at a time. Only ever used by one person but I do often have a lot of kit.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 7th 08 04:40 PM
by Graham Drabble[_2_] Go to last post
10 957
Disabled cars + minibus stolen HELP PLEASE by Dribbler[_2_]
Help please! Our minibus full of disabled and caravan/camping equipment was stolen from Royston, Herts last night. It is very identifiable; Its a large white LDV convoy (pre-conversion) with 'Triple AAA travel' in big blue letters down the sides (we never got round to removing the lettering). It's an 'L' reg and ends in UEB. 'Useless Engine and Body' we used to say, but she was beautiful and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 6th 08 11:33 PM
by Dribbler[_2_] Go to last post
14 549
Free tips and tricks by lovablegod
http://www.richworld8.blogspot.com/
August 28th 08 08:51 AM
by Dribbler[_2_] Go to last post
2 364
where to view family tents in london by [email protected]
Hello. I am interested in buying a family size tent; however, I'm having trouble viewing any, and I'm reluctant to buy without having seen a few first. Where is the best place in (or near) London to view erected family size tents? I don't really want to turn up to a camping shop and spend half an hour putting up a tent - I'd rather go somewhere which has them up already. Thanks. -D.
August 27th 08 02:34 PM
by MatSav Go to last post
1 349
The media encouraging camping by R D S[_2_]
As people tighten their belts I often hear camping recommended by the media folks instead of expensive foreign holidays. Is this a good thing? I think not, there won't be a quiet field left in the land! I think they are talking about it today on R2's Jeremy Vine show. It might be worth us all emailing in with anecdotes about how **** it is.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 20th 08 09:24 PM
by malc Go to last post
11 635