Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : UK Camping Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
When to buy a tent? by Doki[_2_]
Would I be right in thinking the time would be Sept / October when all the shops are going to have to hang onto stock all winter if they don't sell it? I'm after something pretty big - perhaps a 3-4 man tent but with only 1 bedroom, basically meaning plenty of room for 2 people, perhaps from Decathlon as they seem to be good value on other kit.
August 19th 08 05:01 PM
by Fran Go to last post
4 335
Family holiday/camping games by Mark[_14_]
Hello, Does anyone have any good camping/holiday games they would like to share? Games that don't need a lot of equipment -- such as just a pen and paper. Here's one that we play regularly: Equipment: Paper and pencils Players: 3 or more.
August 16th 08 11:54 AM
by Doki[_2_] Go to last post
6 387
designer handbags up to 70%off by ebagtown
You want designerís products for less? This is the place to find everything. All new models, styles and brands. Whatever you can think of, you can find here. Ebagtown is the premier online source for stylish living. Famous Designers: LV,Prada, Fendi, Marc Jacobs, Coach, Gucci and many more are available for the prices that are right for you. Come and See for yourself our merchandise. We know,...
August 15th 08 11:18 AM
by ebagtown Go to last post
0 315
Double self inflating mattresses - which one? by Doki[_2_]
Are they any good (or are any specific ones particularly good)? Thinking of getting one for myself and the bird. I like normal self inflating mattresses over the airbed type (distinct leaning towards comfy camping rather than bivvying), and over boggo roll mats which seem far too hard.
August 13th 08 02:01 AM
by Doki[_2_] Go to last post
8 574
New Peak District photo-sharing website by [email protected]
Thereís a new website for sharing photos, videos, comments and audio files about the Peak District that might be of interest to members of this forum. Itís called MyPeakExperience and is launched this week by the Peak District Interpretation Partnership. We wanted to move away from their just being websites where organisations told and showed people what the Peak District was about to creating a...
August 12th 08 11:34 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 332
Need a new 2-3 man tent ? by [email protected]
I f you need a new tunnel tent, I have a new Sprayway Valley 4 with trolley bag + Footprint Groundsheet + Matching Wind Shield. I have test erected it in my garden and verified it does not leak and stands up to a good blow. In my opinion it is too small to accommodate four adults, especially if raining If interested e-mail with , I read this one more.
August 11th 08 07:50 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
1 372
Solar/wind? by R D S[_2_]
I have been thinking about getting a solar panel to keep a fridge runnning and keep a battery charged while camping. Has anyone any experience/opinions? Also with energy prices being the way they are has anyone gone further than this and installed solar in the home? Likewise with wind, a local electrical supplier reckoned he could get me a 2kw turbine for approx £1500. At one point I would...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 10th 08 10:44 PM
by Grimly Curmudgeon Go to last post
110 3,614
Get Your $100 Gas Voucher for Free by [email protected]
I just discovered this new site that's giving away a $100 gas voucher, for free! Can you believe the price of gas these days? In my area it's currently over $4.75 per gallon, and all signs point to it going even higher, very soon. I remember the days when gas used to cost $0.99 per gallon, but those days are long gone.
August 10th 08 09:42 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 431
$100 Gas Voucher, Save On Gas by e2yh0fe3
I just discovered this new site that's giving away a $100 gas voucher, for free! Can you believe the price of gas these days? In my area it's currently over $4.75 per gallon, and all signs point to it going even higher, very soon. I remember the days when gas used to cost $0.99 per gallon, but those days are long gone.
August 9th 08 12:32 AM
by e2yh0fe3 Go to last post
0 400
HELP DESK SOFTWARE SOLUTION by [email protected]
HELP DESK SOFTWARE SOLUTION --------------------------------------------------------- http://helpdesksoftwaremanagement.blogspot.com
August 7th 08 09:35 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 346
WARNING !!!SETANTA SPORTS SUBSCRIBE AT YOUR PERIL!!! by MrBlueSkye
Not only outright terrible customer service, but they repeatedly lie, change the terms and conditions they have agreed to, deduct moneys from your accounts without permission and generally conduct their business in a pathetically dishonest manner. How can a Company of Setantas size operate in such a sewer rat manner? Read some of the storys of grief that they have levied out to their...
August 4th 08 11:34 AM
by MrBlueSkye Go to last post
0 917
CONWAY CORNICHE POLES by [email protected]
I know this is a slim chance but does anyone have a set of poles for a Conway Corniche trailer tent. We have had our tent since the early 80s and last year a freak gust of wind took the canvas and poles with it, bending the poles beyond repair. Rita
August 1st 08 06:34 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 421
Walkie talkies by Mark[_13_]
Hi, We are thinking about buying some walkie talkies for the kids to keep in touch when we go on holiday. I have looked around and all the ones I can find are either really cheap (and therefore rubbish) or very expensive. Can anyone recommend any makes/models that are good enough to work properly, but not very expensive?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 31st 08 11:36 PM
by RustY © Go to last post
10 964
12v Coolboxes by R D S[_2_]
I bought a 12v coolblox on Ebay, Royal brand. Took it camping along with a standard one with some of those blocks you freeze and chuck in. I didn't want to flatten the car battery so only had it running while the engine was on, approx 2 hrs per day. The other 'normal' box was significantly cooler with the freezer blocks in so I decided to run the powered one for longer, it totally flattened...
July 30th 08 11:38 PM
by Doki[_2_] Go to last post
9 623
WiFi on sites by Furry Fred[_3_]
Currently on a campsite in France which has a FON WiFi hotspot. (www.fon.com) The connection on the site is very slow but this is due to the site having connected to an ordinary line and not Broadband. Good connectivity depends on how far you are away from their WiFi modem Cost is Ä3.00 per day
July 29th 08 09:20 PM
by Andy R Go to last post
1 463
south france in motorhome by [email protected]
Hi we are looking to travel to south of france (me, him and 2 kids) in our motorhome, will be going from dover to calais then onto south france with a few overnight stops. anyone know of any good cheapish sites (with pool) in south of france and along the way. all the ones ive looked up on net are quoting near £800 a week. we have never been to france b4. Would you recomend booking or just get...
July 29th 08 12:22 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
5 460
Geodesic Tent? by John[_16_]
Can anyone recommend a good value low cost geodesic type tent? I was looking for a 2 man tent. It's just me that's going to be using it but like the extra space. I'm going on a trip up to the highlands camping in the wilds as well as doing a lot of fishing and walking. Is it possible to get geodesic type of tent for not much money? Or even semi-geodesic? And would they be any good? So far when...
July 26th 08 02:53 PM
by John[_16_] Go to last post
0 433
Anyone find it strange... by Dave Hall[_2_]
That tents are fully guaranteed but not the fibre poles? A tent is not a tent without poles. We had a pole break the first time out and the shop wanted us to pay for labour and materials. After a discussion they agreed to sort it out for material cost only. If every camper with a broken pole gets fobbed off it means the manufacturers will never even accept there is a problem.
July 25th 08 10:38 PM
by chris French Go to last post
8 515
Replacement tent pole set by Adam Lipscombe
Folks I have lost the entire set of poles for our Outwell Hartford "M" tent. I thought I packed them away at the end of last season but they aint there now :-( So a replacement set is needed,and reasonably quickly. Does anyone know of the best way to approach this? I have emailed Outwell in the hope being able to buy a set but haven't had a response yet.
July 25th 08 11:27 AM
by dave hall Go to last post
1 469
Freeware Files - Free Software Downloads ___________ by RAJINI