Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : UK Camping Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Share your camping places! by max
hey guys, could you help me figure my next trip to UK? here is a route that I've been at in china and made a geotag album to share with friend who want to go the http://www.trekinu.com/trekinu/viewtrek.aspx?trkid=qytw9sef3syg3di Could you make some albums like this and publish them in the group so we all can see and decide our next place to travel to?
July 22nd 08 09:57 AM
by max Go to last post
0 315
Lakes campsite recommendations by R D S
We are taking a week off in July, hoping to get the tent out for the 1st time this year. We normally head for Wales but can't be arsed with a long drive so looking for recommendations for sites in The Lakes. Needs include, parking next to tent, dog friendly preferably with nearby good dog walking potential, reasonable sized pitches, nice toilets/showers and as chav free as possible.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 13th 08 07:46 PM
by R D S[_2_] Go to last post
15 744
Mini review - Keswick, Castlerigg Hall by R D S[_2_]
A very nice site, good toilets/showers, handy shop, cafe, a kitchen where campers could do their own cooking/washing up and a lounge. People running it were friendly and helpful. Only criticisms are that parts of the tent field aren't very level and shower block cleaning times were variable but never earlier than 10.30am.
July 13th 08 07:44 PM
by R D S[_2_] Go to last post
0 316
Internal poles by peter
I bought a tent about ten years ago that had "integral" poles. That's to say that the tent was like an umbrella in that it folded down and went straight into the bag. I'm looking to buy another bigger tent (now that I've got three kids) but I don't know what this type of tent is called and so I can't search for it on the internet. Can anybody help??
July 13th 08 05:33 PM
by MatSav Go to last post
2 369
Recommend hiking tent? by Paul[_6_]
Hi I'm looking for a light value-for-money 2-person tent for hiking in the summer. I have looked at the Vango Banshee 200 and the Coleman Rigel X2. The Coleman is the lightest, the Vango looks more versatile with a protected entrance. Any comments on these tents or any other recommendations. I'd like to keep the budget to below 80 ukp. Thanks in advance for any feedback. Paul. --
July 10th 08 12:07 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
1 383
Top rack for conwy mirage by [email protected]
Just bought myself a conway mirage for family camping and looking for a rack to go on top for luggage and bikes abyody know if one exsists or possibly where I can get one from ? -- Simon Quantrill Email: Web: http://www.quantrill.eu/ I have defined the hundred per cent American as ninety-nine per cent an idiot.
July 1st 08 04:00 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
2 578
Any views on Wynnster tents? by [email protected]
Hi everyone, I'm looking for advice on a new tent I'm thinking of getting - a Wynnster Phoenix 4. We want a tent thats comfortable for two people for the odd weekend away at various campsites throughout the UK, mostly in decent weather. We went to see this tent today and it seems ideal, with sewn in groundsheet, two bedrooms, 5000mm HH, and big enough for me to stand up in (I'm 6'3")!!
June 23rd 08 11:34 PM
by Fran Go to last post
4 704
Outdoors Group by Lanny
http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/gayoutdoorsuk/ A Group for Outdoor Enthusiasts in the UK. Meeting place for gay men who love the outdoors, in particular camping, rambling, cycling, canoeing, rock climbing and other activities related to nature.
June 19th 08 10:56 AM
by Lanny Go to last post
0 384
Reccomendation for water carrier (big family tent) by Lobster
Currently we have one of those plastic concertina-ing containers for drinking water, something like this: http://www.worldofcamping.co.uk/shop/Detail.asp?ProductID=1465 although that's not our model. I hate it, mostly because it usually has to be lifted up and held to run water from, which the kids can't manage and spill water everywhere. Anyone got anything better? Needs to be reasonably...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 11th 08 10:25 PM
by Fran Go to last post
21 1,186
Trailer Tents on Display (help on locations) by Skipper
I am interested in purchasing a trailer tent and want examine the various models 'on display'. I live in the midlands, any recommended dealerships ? Thanks
June 8th 08 04:33 AM
by Neil Go to last post
2 605
freesat by Dutchman
Does anyone know if this new service can be picked up with one of the camping sat receivers i.e. Maplin/Aldi. Thanks
May 27th 08 04:26 PM
by Phil Cook Go to last post
1 471
2008/05/23 new Garmin 2008 programs, other ... by [email protected]
2008/05/23 new Garmin 2008 programs, other ... please send e-mail to : vvis 'AT' mail 'DOT' gr , vidocq 'AT' mailbox 'DOT' gr , www 'DOT' 20000plusdvdsandcds 'DOT' tk , ( please substitute 'AT' with '@' , and 'DOT' with '.' ) , , , www.20000plusdvdsandcds.tk ---------------------------------------
May 23rd 08 07:42 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 503
porthclais st davids - avoid by norman
We just spent 2 nights at Porthclais farm campsite at St Davids. Left early as it is now run by an obnoxious nutter. We've been going there for years with no probs and always paying, but the new owner doesn't keep proper records, thought we hadn't paid and got really agressive. She barges into tents without asking even while you are still in bed. She took stuff from my daughters tent, rucsac and...
May 20th 08 09:48 PM
by Geoffrey Banks-Wilkinson Go to last post
8 439
Anglesey by [email protected]
iIm looking at camping in anglesey (due to a sea kayaking course) and looking for campsites. I will travel alone and on motorbike. I will take a tarp and a hammock Anybody any good suggestions the cheaper the better and wild is also ok but as I dont know the area that well I need guidance.. thanks in advance.
May 20th 08 01:34 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
2 510
Campsites that allow groups of blokes by [email protected]
Hi, A group of friends and I would like to go camping, but we are having trouble finding a site that will accept a large group of men. Can anyone recomend any that we could try? As far as our requirments, the only firm one is that it should be somewhere near the sea. It would be an advantage if it was in the south because of the warmer sea in mid June (particuly the south west, south wales or...
May 19th 08 05:12 PM
by chris.5th Go to last post
8 938
How Newly Available GPS Systems Can Save Drivers Money by [email protected]
GPS will work in any weather condition, anywhere in the world, 24 hours a day. GPS satellites broadcast signals from space that are picked up and identified by GPS receivers… http://gadgetupdates.googlepages.com/how_newly_available_gps_systems_can_save
May 19th 08 12:21 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 404
10mm Tent Poles by Graham Drabble[_2_]
Hi, We have a Sportiva Villa tent with what I believe are 10mm diameter fibreglass poles. Unfortunately one has snapped and I'm trying to find a replacement. However I can only see 9.5mm and 11mm poles on line and in the stores I've visited. 9.5mm is definitely too small, the male end of my pole doesn't fit in the female end of the 9.5mm ones. Not tested the 11mm but measuring the pole...
May 17th 08 10:46 PM
by Graham Drabble[_2_] Go to last post
0 534
The route to the toilet by Doug Paulley
Courtesy of Bill Wright of uk.tech.digital-tv http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hZCBNroEmac -- http://www.kingqueen.org.uk remove .lartsspammers to reply
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 15th 08 09:22 PM
by limestone-cowboy Go to last post
15 933
on acheter ampicillin a vendreacheter ampicillinacheter ampicillin suisse ampicillin de ampicillinachat ampicillin canada franceacheter ampicillin canada suisse1 by [email protected]
on acheter ampicillin a vendre acheter ampicillin acheter ampicillin suisse ampicillin de ampicillin achat ampicillin canada france acheter ampicillin canada suisse +++ ANTIBIOTIQUES +++ ANTIBIOTIQUES +++ ANTIBIOTIQUES +++ +
May 11th 08 02:26 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 703
charming women's handbag looking for agency by [email protected]
we are a manufacturer base in guangzhou of china.we produce charming women's handbag.we always sell as retail.But we want to look for an agency now.our website is mybagbase.com, anyone who is interesting in our handbag,please feel free contact me for more information. You can contact me through GMAIL,OR call me directly, 0086-13392474691,BETTY
May 8th 08 05:17 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 365
Post New Thread