Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : UK Camping Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Sites accessible by public transport? by Jason Hall
Edale in the peak district springs to mind but it is near hills rather than beaches, couple of nice little sites within 5 minutes of the train station. Newquay in Cornwall is another option, plenty of camp sites around Newqay (the site at Porth is virtually on the beach and close to town also) tho you might need to take a short bus ride from the train station if you dont fancy walking a couple...
July 7th 03 10:44 PM
by Jason Hall Go to last post
0 437
camping towels by T i m
On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 12:17:25 +0000 (UTC), "Steve Watkin" wrote: Anyone tried those compact camping towels, the one that are supposed to work after just wringing them out. They look small and light, just right for l/w cycle touring. SW We used the large and small Travel towels when cycle and
July 7th 03 06:56 PM
by T i m Go to last post
0 479
tent waterproofing by rifleman
In , Chris French typed: In message , rifleman writes In , P and J typed: Hi, I have dug out my old faithful lightweight backpacking tent but it smells musty, with some...
July 7th 03 05:26 PM
by rifleman[_2_] Go to last post
6 712
camping towels by P and J
"rifleman" wrote in message ... In article , Steve.Watkin1 @btinternet.com says... Anyone tried those compact camping towels, the one that are supposed to work after just wringing them out. They look small and light, just right for l/w cycle touring.
July 7th 03 02:54 PM
by P and J Go to last post
0 577
camping towels by Jason Hall
Hi Steve I have one, the material mine is made from is similar to some of the thicker kitchen cloths you can buy. They just about do the job, takes much longer to dry off though. JBH "Steve Watkin" wrote in message
July 7th 03 02:06 PM
by Jason Hall Go to last post
0 559
sites in Scotland by rifleman
In , Ad typed: We are from The Netherlands en are leaving for Scotland in a few day´s time. Who can give us some adresses of nice, small, quiet camping sites in Scotland (Highlands, Skye, West Coast), where we can pitch our tent. Thanks in advance! Ad
July 7th 03 08:54 AM
by rifleman Go to last post
0 531
sites in Scotland by Steve Watkin
Check out the "Isle of Mull in Scotland" thread just below. Might help. SW "Ad" wrote in message ... We are from The Netherlands en are leaving for Scotland in a few day´s time. Who can give us some adresses of nice, small, quiet camping sites in
July 6th 03 10:45 PM
by Steve Watkin Go to last post
0 605
wildcamping solo activites by Jason Hall
"pief" [email protected] wrote in message ... What other recouperative activities are there to partake of for the solo wildcamper convalescing in the cloudtops? -- 'pief:]t Take a simple delta kite (preferably made with your own hands) and let it soar above the summit on a thermal, weather permitting!
July 6th 03 11:10 AM
by T i m Go to last post
7 792
Has anyone been to Mill Farm, Bridgewater? by Andy Peat
Does any one have any news on this site? As we are planning on spending a few days here with our 4yr old (well 5 now). Or has anyone any suggestions on sites in the Cheddar area? Thanks. andy:p
July 5th 03 11:10 PM
by Sue Go to last post
1 623
Putting up a Khyam Tent - advice? by linger
In , Lez spewed the following: I wonder if any Khyam owners could help me with a problem - which I accept may be the result of my incompetence rather than any flaw in tent design. I own a Khyam Rigidome Ultimate - and, generally speaking, a fine thing it is too. But I find putting it up can be a real struggle. I put my...
July 5th 03 10:10 PM
by linger Go to last post
0 574
Rivendell (derbyshire) by Gecko
Just booked 2 nights for next week, so that I can get to Donington without having to get up early, anyone been to this site, its sounds good. Tosh
July 5th 03 12:46 PM
by Anthony Walton Go to last post
1 678
Netiquette by Dave[_2_]
class................. Dave :) "TwoTired" wrote in message ... rifleman wrote: In , Jim contemplated the little bit of fluff in
July 4th 03 09:28 PM
by Dave[_2_] Go to last post
0 565
Tent Light? by Dave[_2_]
thanks for all your advice folks...............i'm still no closer to picking one......but i do like remote controlled gadgets tho. Dave :) "dru" wrote in message ... Jim wrote: I'm with you on this Jonathan. We have the same, and the best part's the
July 4th 03 08:43 PM
by Dave[_2_] Go to last post
0 535
ridelite by Dave[_2_]
I had a god look at their site and to be honest apart from an address all looks ok to me. I don't think they are dodgy as they haven't removed any funds from your account, their could be a multitude of reasons why they haven't been in touch with you. I would ring them back and say something to the line of......."If I don't have a reply back in 8 hours I will contact the card issuer to cancel...
July 4th 03 08:42 PM
by Dave[_2_] Go to last post
0 564
ridelite by Phil Cook[_2_]
On Fri, 4 Jul 2003 19:23:44 +0100, CHRIS 159 wrote: anybody here know anything about www.ridelite.co.uk ? i ordered a tent from them a few days ago paying by debit card. i instantly got a reply e-mail confirming my order but havent heard anything from them since. they havent even took the cash out of the bank. i rang them today and all i got was an answering machine. are they reputable...
July 4th 03 08:29 PM
by Phil Cook[_2_] Go to last post
0 582
Post New Thread