Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : UK Caravanning Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Towing mirrors for Peugeot 308 by David
Changed car to Peugeot 308 SW Sport Jan 2011 looks like I can't use the mirrors i have for the last couple of cars, anyone driving a Peugeot and can tell me make/model of mirrors you bought? Regards David
March 17th 12 08:04 PM
by hugh Go to last post
3 1,073
Replacement Fridge by David
My Thetford N90 fridge in my Bailey 2003 always needs repair clean etc each year and fails during the year fed up of it. Googleing the faults on this fridge quickly reveal pots of people have same faults and never get solutions. This model does not appear to be available now, anyone found a replacement if they changed theirs? Are there other makes that fit with little or no modifications? They...
March 11th 12 02:04 PM
by hugh Go to last post
3 722
New French breathalyser law - even if you don't drink by Another Dave
"A new measure will soon require all foreign and local motorists in France to carry 2 breathalyzer kits in their cars." http://www.ferryonline.co.uk/news/20120223breathalyzerkitstoberequiredfordrivinginfrance.html You have been warned :( Another Dave --
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 2nd 12 11:17 AM
by DieSea[_3_] Go to last post
12 1,040
TV Antennas for caravans/motorhomes by Brian Reay.
I've been looking at the various TV antennas for caravans/motorhomes and I'm curious to hear (read) peoples' views. Obviously there is the option of the (essentially) mini domestic version rigged on a pole once you have parked up. Clearly you can get some height and have an amplifier, plus more gain if you get a larger antenna. But there is this fuss of the set up. Then there is the fixed...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 29th 12 03:37 PM
by Mike[_12_] Go to last post
16 1,054
Best way to sell an elderly caravan? by Roger Mills[_2_]
My wife and I have reluctantly decided that it's time to give up caravanning. Having acquired a holiday flat a couple of years ago, we spend all our spare time there and we know that, realistically, we're not going to be using the van again. It's a 1991 Bailey Pageant Magenta which we have owned from new - so it doesn't owe us a lot. It still has some life in it, and it would be nice to...
February 25th 12 07:11 PM
by McKevvy Go to last post
8 981
Bit of a leak... by Nige[_4_]
When i got the van a few months ago it was bone dry allover, i tested it myself with a damp meter & the wals floor etc all good. I noticed last weekend there was a bit of wet wall under the wallpaper, around the top seal at the front inside one of the lockers & a bit under the window, too. I want to nip this in the bud double quick, so i have installed a few 'damp rid' devices nearby & it...
February 23rd 12 04:02 PM
by Nige[_4_] Go to last post
0 373
Electrical problem by Nige[_4_]
2003 Bailey Pagaent, last weekend the heater fuse overheated to the point of melting the fused spur unit. It had been fitted with a 5a fuse & the load is rated at 8.8amps, i bought another fused spur & put in a 10a fuse & it's OK, but still gets a bit warm around the fuse area. No breakers tripped & the RCD didnt go, just overheated & melted the fused spur?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 22nd 12 10:52 AM
by David Go to last post
10 1,087
Smile
Hello - And New Thread - Static Caravans by GeordieJac
Hello Folks. I am new to the site - and hoping to glean knowledge from the experts. We are currently fundraising for a national charity (Tourettes Action) to buy a static caravan for families with children with neuro-psychiatric disabilities (including autistic disorders, Tourette Syndrome, depression etc) to enjoy holidays and short breaks. We are thinking that the Northumberland coast is...
February 22nd 12 10:14 AM
by McKevvy Go to last post
2 707
France by polly filler
I understand that from last Jan 2012 is is now illegal to have speed camera locations in ones sat-nav in France. Also coming later this year, in France, I understand that all cars will have to carry a breathalizer kit on them, as well as the usuall 2 Triangles etc. Anyone else heard about these?
February 21st 12 08:44 AM
by Klaus Meinhard Go to last post
5 596
portable sinks by seduraed
does anyone know where i can et one of these in the uk or something s similar Reliance Wash 'N Go Portable Sink and Organizer. thanks
February 12th 12 03:17 PM
by Neil Go to last post
5 821
TV in caravans by Howard Morgan
I've got a flat screen TV and a digi box but I'm unable to get a picture the caravan is a coachman Amara 640. What do I need to do with the aerial on the roof(Only sensible answers please -I've tried to put it there already). Many thanks H
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 7th 12 07:18 PM
by Woody[_3_] Go to last post
12 1,017
Is there a book of caravan data? by McKevvy
Because I'll be buying a caravan in the next 6 or 7 weeks or so and I need to know the towing weights, etc to drive with. I'm asking specifically for data for older caravans in the region of 500 - 1000 and the details aren't listed on the manufactures website. I'm looking for either a printed book or a comprehensive website. Thanks in advance. McK.
January 13th 12 08:45 AM
by McKevvy Go to last post
5 993
Help - Electrolux RM 4230 fridge died. Update. by Neil
On Sun, 18 Dec 2011 19:01:01 +0000, puffernutter wrote: Is it worth trying to invert it again? You've got nothing to lose! Cheers Peter Thanks again Peter - Yes it was!
January 7th 12 01:31 AM
by Neil Go to last post
0 512
motor mover tyre by malcolm
does any one know if the tyres on the motor mover have an inner tube or are they some how sealed on to the wheel, the problem i have got on one wheel is that I can foot pump up the tyre but can hear it go down but cannot see a puncture any ideas please. regards malcolm
December 1st 11 02:01 AM
by codfisherman Go to last post
4 1,458
17ft Fleetwood Colchester caravan 3/4 berth and Ford Focus by Pendrag0n
Anyone think this van would be suitable for a 2000 1.8 Ford Focus petrol? http://tinyurl.com/78yfmay 17ft Fleetwood Colchester caravan 3/4 berth Model col15004 m.a.w. 1130 Kgs c.a.p. 275 Kgs
November 22nd 11 12:05 PM
by Pendrag0n Go to last post
0 628
Bailey caravan charger replacement by David[_16_]
Charger seems to have failed, no output Bailey Pageant Majestic 2003 It is a MEC Ltd Mytholmroyd, W.Y. type 1014 10 amp. They appear not to be known. Bailey website offers BCA 10amp Battery Charger up to 2003 model of caravan. Photo shows same type connections as mine. Bad news is will cost almost 120. Anyone know of a cheaper source? Anyone know who BCA are?
November 22nd 11 11:37 AM
by DieSea[_3_] Go to last post
1 1,896
Problem with Witter swan neck towbar by effdubblya
I've just bought a new (to me) car which came complete with a the above towbar which appears brand new. It is the one which inserts vertically under the bumper. I can't for the life of me get it to click into place. I have watched a demo on utube of how to do it but the retaining button won't pop out when I pull the tow bar down. I can get it to work when I press the small release button when...
November 21st 11 09:23 PM
by Lunar475 Go to last post
5 7,556
wheel size by polly filler
Hi all I am just changing insurance companies, and to comply with the new company rules which states that when left unattended, attached to the car, the caravan should have a wheel clamp attached. In my handbook it states that the whels are "165R13" Does this mean that I have 13" wheels on my van? I need to know for the size of the wheel clamp I need to get. Thanks in advance
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 17th 11 04:15 PM
by Autowbars \(BFD\) Go to last post
29 1,681
So a major dealer goes bust by Jim
Just seen that Discover Leisure (used to be Barrons) has gone bust. The receivers are selling off all the stock. They had 5 branches in the north. Bought my last caravan 4 years ago from the Coppull (Chorley) branch. Seemed almost too big to fail - or was that the problem. See http://www.discover.co.uk/ for details of the sell off. Looks like if you have paid a deposit with the wrong...
November 8th 11 03:08 PM
by Lunar475 Go to last post
2 659
List of 2012 Camping Cheques sites by Keith