Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : UK Caravanning Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
12 battery in a Hobby? by coupcoup
Hi, new to caravans and bought a hobby, mainly for using at glastonbury once a year. as we are in a field i need a battery to power the light etc and wondered does anyone have any pointers. sorry if this is an old topic but I'm struggling finding up to date information. Thanks
May 22nd 16 10:05 AM
by coupcoup Go to last post
0 1,104
2016 Coachman Interior by Mr Blueskylight
Have a look at the interior of the new Coachman, I think that it is lovely. Coachman Caravan Interior what do you think?
May 17th 16 08:25 AM
by Rubby_William Go to last post
3 1,514
Hi everyone, My first post by Mr Blueskylight
This is my first post. I love caravans and I am always happy to help provide answers to anyone that needs help. I see caravan forums as just like being on a caravan park, help others and they may help you! Comments welcome... Mark x
May 7th 16 07:13 AM
by Rubby_William Go to last post
2 1,131
fridge freezer by pete
Hi all, Just to make a change from all this spam, I have a Abbey spectrum 540 2006 with a large fridge and freezer. There is a little rocker switch just under the freezer door to the right, is this switch to switch off the freezer or the fridge? I switched the switch onto the off position yesterday and to me it switched off the fridge but left the freezer on?? I thought it would be the other way...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 5th 16 11:45 AM
by Rubby_William Go to last post
19 1,330
Old n basic adria to old and plush bucaneer by Bexster
Hi All I've just upgraded my old, tired and damp(ish) Adria Optima 6 berth to a mid 90's Buccaneer Caribbean. I collect it next Sunday. I'm just wondering if there are things that I should look for with the hot water & heating system? My Adria didn't have hot water, and the fire packed in years ago. The vendor assures me that everything works, although there is never a guarantee when buying...
May 2nd 16 11:27 PM
by bert Go to last post
2 1,057
bit of damp by fizzy
Hi After a bit of advice please. Recent caravan service indicated damp readings of 20% at back end top corners. Engineer suggested might be seals on the roof. There is a rail/bar thing (sorry not sure of proper term!) about a foot in from the back that goes across the roof & the seals do look a bit shabby. Would this be an easy thing to do ourselves, I assume take of rail/bar thingy clean it up...
April 14th 16 08:03 PM
by fizzy Go to last post
0 999
Creighton Binns Chalet 4 trailer tent by [email protected]
Have just bought a creighton binns chalet 4 trailer tent and could do with a set of instructions particularly with putting the awning up on the side. Does anyone have any instructions they could email to us or photocopy and post. We are happy to pay for postage/copying etc. Thanks. Rod
April 12th 16 01:36 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 964
Damp by [email protected]
I've always wanted a caravan since I was little. My happiest childhood memories are when our house was renovated and we stayed in a mobile home. So when I turned 40 I bought a 1991 lunar sunbeam caravan for my birthday. It was 500 and has gas elec hot water and toilet and shower all working I love it I knew it had damp but my 2 boys and I have had 8 outings and now I know I need to tackle it, I...
March 29th 16 10:13 AM
by johnHarry Go to last post
2 1,525
Insurance by Tony Richards
Hello could anybody please help I'm hoping to get a motorhome in the next few week and I need to insure it had a look at different sites but it's so confusing absolute minelield of gobbydegook.Thx in Advance.T.R.
February 5th 16 04:14 PM
by Tony Richards Go to last post
0 978
Retensioning Flyscreens / Blinds by DieSea
Hi Can any one steer me in the right direction for retensioning the fly screens / blinds I've been able to remove the end cap on the cassette that needs doing but I can't seem to fathom out what to do next TIA
January 31st 16 02:02 PM
by Mr Blueskylight Go to last post
8 3,576
"Carry on Caravanning" New Channel 5 Series by Carry on Caravanning
Hi there! After the success of its one off documentary, Channel 5’s “Carry on Caravanning” is back - we’re looking for a new cast of colourful caravan enthusiasts to come on board! In each programme we'll follow 4 fun caravanners from all backgrounds, and all parts of the country, as they travel the length and breadth of the UK in their box of delights. There’s no restrictions on what we are...
January 29th 16 03:31 PM
by Carry on Caravanning Go to last post
0 2,080
Renewing Tow Car Insurance by MartinC[_3_]
Hi to everyone. Can I recommend to all of you renewing your towcar insurance to declare the fitment of the towbar. It can be found under Modifications/Accessories in most of the online sites. I have just had the discussion with Saga after buying a policy after an online quotation without declaring the towbar. No problems and the call centre staff were very understanding. The insurance could...
January 24th 16 09:33 AM
by Mr Blueskylight Go to last post
2 1,052
Washed the caravan by MartinC[_3_]
Nice day methinks, wash the dirt and green stuff of the caravan and get it ready for the next outing. There it is shining and looking good this morning. Went indoors for a well earned cuppa and a biscuit. Heard a noise from outside, went to check, sods law, BT (OpenReach) have a cable fault and have a contractor disk cutting 30mts of the footpath. There it is dusty, blackened and dirty this...
January 8th 16 08:29 AM
by MartinC[_3_] Go to last post
7 1,156
Hot water problems by Kevin Dempsey
Hi all, I've got a 1990ish Coachman 640/2 VIP with hot water problems. The cold water runs well but the hot doesn't. Thr can is fitted with the carver ge2 and isn't filling up when the pump is running. There's a white valve (I assume) from the cold inlet with a couple of electrical connectors on it and a screw piece on top. What is it? There's power supply from the wires which I've checked with...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 15th 15 02:00 PM
by Kevin Dempsey Go to last post
19 1,836
Coachman 640/2 VIP Wheel Size by Kevin Dempsey
I'm on a tight budget and bought the caravan without a spare wheel. However I'm not comfy about not having one. The tyre size is 175 R14C but would anyone know of a car wheel that would fit the studs? My intention is just nip into a scrappy and get a wheel there. Many thanks. Kev.
October 9th 15 04:29 AM
by Kevin Dempsey Go to last post
2 884
Propane/butane by Kevin Dempsey
Propane & Butane Hi All, I've recently taken up Caravanning because in getting too old for wild camping. The caravan (Coachman 460/2 VIP 1990) has a butane bottle which is ok down to temps of -2C but propane is good for down to -40C (so I'm informed). In order to change to propane is it just the bottle and possibly the regulator that I need to change or are there any other gas fittings? Many...
September 16th 15 02:57 PM
by David[_15_] Go to last post
1 1,237
Main Happy Farm, Ripon by GrahamW[_4_]
wrote in message ... Hi we also use this site a lot and are trying to get in touch with Eric but his mobile is off. Would you by chance have his wife's number so we could ring her and book in please? Re. Main Happy Farm, Ripon. Sorry it's taken so long but Eric's wife's number is 07851201199. She is still...
September 9th 15 09:02 PM
by GrahamW[_4_] Go to last post
0 1,318
Red face
New to this! Help needed please by DR1978
Afternoon all!! My partner and I have just purchased our first motorhome. We have no idea what we are doing! We purchased a 1990 Elddis 400 Autoquest in superb condition. We have had it all checked out and everything is perfect on it. The only problem is... we have no idea how to use the control panel! I have searched the internet and can't seem to find a handbook on how to work the thing! Can...
July 5th 15 12:25 AM
by hidehitow Go to last post
3 1,299
Gas thread question by Harry Bloomfield[_3_]
The 27mm clip on unit, the type which allows a BP Gaslight bottle to be connected to a bulkhead regulator using an high pressure pipe, could someone advise what thread is on the output of the clip on adaptor please? Obviously the same thread on the HP pipe to. Is it 3/4 UNF? Alternative question with the same answer - What thread is used on the ends of the HP pipes for all versions of HP...
June 26th 15 11:10 AM
by Harry Bloomfield[_2_] Go to last post
4 1,576
Thumbs up
NEWBE Hi guys by hidehitow
new on here , w2e have caravaned and campervaned for over 20 yrs around uk only. hope to have more this yr . Wish you all clear roads open sky's and great site touring. We like the rallies meets of the CCC and BCC mostly
June 2nd 15 02:55 PM
by hidehitow Go to last post
3 1,103
Post New Thread