Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : UK Caravanning Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Breakdown cover by Harry Bloomfield[_2_]
Most national cover will take you your passengers, broken down car and caravan back home, if the caravan is attached to the car at the time of breakdown. If you happen to be on holiday with the caravan on a site and the car breaks down wile you are else where, tough luck. Some insurers will just leave your caravan and expect you to later collect or abandon it. Others say it is up to the...
June 1st 15 06:49 PM
by Harry Bloomfield[_2_] Go to last post
0 986
Cleaning Towball by DavidP[_2_]
So, a new car means a new towball which is nicely covered all over in black paint. Historically I've used sandpaper to take the majority off and then finished off any bits with wire wool dipped in petrol. How do others clean towballs?
June 1st 15 06:25 PM
by Harry Bloomfield[_2_] Go to last post
5 1,349
Antenna for Freeiew by Keith[_7_]
Just replced obsolete analog TV with digital Freeview set. The old indoor booster doesn't find a signal, so which is/are the best indoor aerials? With builtin booster?
June 1st 15 05:08 PM
by Harry Bloomfield[_2_] Go to last post
1 1,055
110 Leisure battery and Alko scissor jack, Wrexham. by Andy E
I have a 110 Leisure Battery and Alko scissor jack for 7 day auction, if anyone is interested in looking at these...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 28th 15 08:07 AM
by steve Miles Go to last post
16 1,053
No water by Peter Clarke
Help please! I'm trying to wake up my caravan after the winter lay-off but can't get any water out of the taps. The pump is running, there is plenty of water in the barrel, the filter and hose are not blocked, I haven't left the water heater dump valve open and I have opened the kitchen hot tap, as per instructions. But all I get out of the tap is a gentle blast of air and no water. The pump is a...
May 21st 15 04:25 PM
by Tom Go to last post
9 1,897
abi dawnstar for sale by bassman2008
1995 Abi Dawnstar, good all round condition, solid floor, had damp when we got it and it has not got any worse, porch awning, hook up lead, gas bottle, battery, waste water pipes and barrel, good tyres, easy tow 975 kg, new hitch, hitch lock, L shaped lounge, end kitchen, toilet stopped flushing suspect loose wire. 600.00 no offers, needs to go this week otherwise will scrap. Tel 07531518044.
May 10th 15 04:40 PM
by bassman2008 Go to last post
0 991
buccaneer by bassman2008
We have recently purchased a 1996 buccaneer cruiser ek and require an owners manual, anyone out their help. thanks in advance.
May 5th 15 10:49 PM
by John B[_3_] Go to last post
1 1,086
Swift Challenger Wiring Question by bert
Wake up at the back!! By chance I noticed recently that even when the 12v system is switched off at the control unit the toilet flush is still live. (2102 Challenger 530) I raised this with the dealer at service time and they seemed genuinely surprised when reporting that they had checked others and found them the same. Seems odd and I can't think of any rational idea for doing this...
May 5th 15 01:53 PM
by Tom Go to last post
5 1,313
carver heater by Vic Burton
Hi to all user of caravan banter, I have a carver 3600stc in my caravan and when I use it on gas with the fan its stupidly loud so I want to know if I can use the gas heater without the fanmaster system. I welcome any info that will help. Cheers Vic
April 30th 15 01:20 PM
by bert Go to last post
5 1,298
Just popped in to say Hi by Folding Norman
Hi all It must be some 7 or 8 years since I was an active member on this forum. Just thought I would pop back and see how it was going. Will have a look how it has changed. FN
February 15th 15 11:37 PM
by Jim Kewley[_4_] Go to last post
5 1,260
VW LT35 problems starting by Bucket
I've recently had problems starting my camper. It always started with half a turn of the engine after the glow plug light went out, but now talking 10 turns of engine. Even if its been on a run and I stop it for only a minute, it takes a couple of turns of engine to start again. It runs and drives perfectly once running. I did discover I had put about half a litre too much oil in about 200 miles...
February 12th 15 04:29 PM
by fruityblue Go to last post
4 4,334
For sale by ag.richards
Hi I'm selling my van need a quick sale anybody know a good site to deal with.T.R.
February 11th 15 02:56 PM
by ag.richards Go to last post
0 1,017
Newsgroup Window Sticker. by GrahamW
I think it was originally designed by Richard Cole but I can't find it on his website. However, I've found this copy, in both monochrome and colour, for anyone who wants to print it off. http://216.92.45.115/logo.htm I will be replacing my Guinness label in my tax disc holder with a nice coloured image immediately. Regards, Graham.
January 30th 15 10:32 PM
by Folding Norman Go to last post
4 977
Touring Scotland by DavidP
This year it seems I will have to succumb to my wife's desire to do a tour of Scotland. I've resisted successfully in the past as I am a magnet for midges and mossies but now I'm told I should just use DEET. So, the questions a Are there any particular sights worth seeing be it loch, sea or mountain? Not greatly bothered about towns/cities though probably will need to visit some just to...
January 10th 15 07:54 PM
by DavidP[_2_] Go to last post
5 1,303
Caravan Club? by ag.richards
Hi Is it worth joining the Caravan Club (Newby) Thank You.
January 8th 15 03:34 PM
by Keith[_6_] Go to last post
4 1,091
brake lights by gary jones
hi I have a problem with my coachman laser, when I hook it up to the car , the fuse for the brake lights in the car blows ? any ideas
November 5th 14 10:12 AM
by Chris J Dixon Go to last post
4 1,017
Gas locker door seal by Gogo
Hi all, I have a 2006 compass magnum. The rubber seal on the gas bottle locker door has been damaged and needs replacing. Can someone point me in the right direction to get a replacement.
October 14th 14 11:55 AM
by David[_15_] Go to last post
1 954
Calor Lite Recall by KAW[_2_]
On 25/09/2014 13:16, MartinC wrote: Just had a letter from Calor about a recall of some Lite bottles. Details he- http://www.calor.co.uk/recall Swapped my part empty bottle for a free full one without any problem at our local dealer. MartinC Thanks for the info Martin. My local caravan site did the swap with no trouble. Keith
September 30th 14 05:25 PM
by KAW[_2_] Go to last post
0 1,036
BP Gaslight refill sources around the UK? by Harry Bloomfield[_2_]
Please don't tell me that MacGas / Flogas has a 'bottle finder' on their website, I am fully aware of that and it really is much worse than useless. It simply lists the Flogas outlets, the vaste majority of which do not stock the BP Gaslight bottles, in fact many have never heard of it. Ringing Flogas themselves, is a similar waste of time. I am also aware that Homebase stock them, but I'm...
September 19th 14 10:20 PM
by Harry Bloomfield[_2_] Go to last post
5 5,696
aerial tidy by Who, me?
Having been 'encouraged' to purchase a 25m aerial lead due to a poor signal from the caravan aerial I'm looking for options to store it tidily. I use a 'H' frame tidy for the mains cable and thought to use something similar for the aerial cable lead is it likely to damage the aerial lead? I can't think why it should be wanted to check before I spent my fiver. Next question... can I use a...
September 19th 14 12:58 PM
by Harry Bloomfield[_2_] Go to last post
6 1,178
Post New Thread

Display Options
Showing threads 41 to 60 of 8430