Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : UK Caravanning Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Quest Leisure by Who, me?
Most people are very eager to make public their problems with various suppliers so I just thought I'd mention the excellent service I've just had from Quest Leisure. They are a trade wholesaler but when their retail outlets were unable to assist me in finding a replacement part they were able to assist and within a couple of days of the first contact the required part was with me. Nice to...
August 22nd 14 02:07 PM
by Who, me? Go to last post
0 766
ALKO ATC Update by bert
I commented a little while ago that the LED was not coming on when I hooked up - not red and not green. The dealer reckoned it was the LED itself. Just had it replaced today under warranty and sure enough they were right. Done on site too by North Staffs Caravans along with a couple of other warranty fixes. Excellent service. -- bert
July 31st 14 04:06 PM
by bert Go to last post
0 893
Wink
Hello by GranM
Well not sure if I have put this in the right place but here goes, Hello everyone we have just joined and are due to go to Blyton Ice Cream Parlour this Thursday. We are taking our Grandson Daniel with us, he is 5 and half a big lad for his age. His sister will be on a Pony camp Lauren is 12 half she is also tall, my husband is Roger and I am Mary. Our dog Buddy is a rescue dog, he goes in...
July 28th 14 05:51 PM
by GranM Go to last post
0 906
AL-KO ATC Failure by bert
Mine has failed - LED doesn't come on even though power applied and initial noise generated. Wonder if anyone has experienced similar problems and what sort of service you got from Al-KO. The handbook doesn't tell you much. Van is still under warranty so I will be ringing the dealer tomorrow -- bert
July 24th 14 02:39 PM
by bert Go to last post
6 3,231
Le Manoir by Woody[_4_]
In case any of you out there are thinking of visiting Le Manoir but cannot find their web site, rest assured the place is still very much in business. It seems they have changed their web site URL (forgot to ask what it is now) but Google and the Boulogne Tourist Information haven't yet cottoned on. -- Woody
July 21st 14 01:44 PM
by Lunar475 Go to last post
2 924
FOR SALE 1983 CI EUROPA 3 BERTH by [email protected]
On Friday, 9 March 2001 22:07:13 UTC, Julian Buckle wrote: I have a good condition caravan for sale I have had it for the past 3 years and have modified it by adding 12 volt lighting and mains electric with 5 points also there is a fridge, toilet and leisure battery inc. All for a knockdown price of Ł675o.v.n.o. e-mail me for further details Hi. I am quite interested. Could you mail...
July 4th 14 12:59 AM
by Tom Go to last post
2 996
Question
pro user 850 by denis horkley
I have a pro user 850 generator which was running fine. it mistakenly shut down by the ignition switch instead if turning off fuel. as it shut down it backfired and now refuses to start, it has good compression and I have also replaced the carb and complete ignition system. any ideas please ??????
June 28th 14 02:04 AM
by Neil[_5_] Go to last post
1 897
Towing behind a commercial vehicle by bert
According to the handbook on my Swift Challenger this caravan is not designed to be towed behind a "commercial vehicle". SUVs are OK. As I occasionally tow with my motorhome I was looking at fitting a Shock Link to it. But then how many recovery vehicles are fitted with one or something similar. Presumably they cold be damaging your van by hitching it up behind their truck. -- bert
June 18th 14 04:55 PM
by bert Go to last post
0 848
Heads Up - Auto-XS MD11265 by Neil[_5_]
I haven't posted here in quite a while, but do still read regularly, unless I have something possibly useful to contribute - so:- This is just reminder not to forego the regular checking of your caravan battery when you are leaving it to charge. Like several others, a few years ago I bought one those Auto-XS automatic battery chargers sold by Lidl, - you know, the ones that look like a clone...
June 10th 14 11:32 PM
by Neil[_5_] Go to last post
2 966
Panther Caravans by [email protected]
On Thursday, 3 September 1998 08:00:00 UTC+1, Alistair Crabb wrote: Hi, Anyone heard of Panther caravans (circa 1970)? Cheers, Alistair, Glasgow. I actually Had a 6 Berth Panther Caravan from 1982 through to 1994. It was a brilliant well built well laid out caravan. My wife and three children spent lots of happy times in it. When I sold it the buyer put on a site to use at weekends....
June 2nd 14 07:42 PM
by Tom Go to last post
6 1,482
Tow ball height by John B[_3_]
I have a Citroen Xzara Picasso, towing a 2003 Swift Charisma 230. The Picasso hitch weight limit is 80kg. I would like to raise the ball height by about 20 - 25mm to give a view through the rear window of the caravan. The present ball is an extended height flange fitting Alko, height 120mm from base to top of ball. I know that it is not legal to raise the height by using a drop plate in...
June 2nd 14 04:37 PM
by Tom Go to last post
5 981
truma ultraheat by gerard100
Right people iam have a problem with my gas heater, when i switch it on it trys to start, but doesnt the we red light doesnt come on for about 5 mins. Ive ther cover off out side to. There is plenty of gas in tank. Ther is a noise trying to start. The water is a bit hot. .... please help.....
May 30th 14 09:07 AM
by ag.richards Go to last post
4 1,025
Chicken sitters by Dragon45
Hi We are new to this forum. But are seasoned caravanners/campers I have a large garden in the country and would like to find someone reliable to care for our 6 chickens in return for free pitch including water, electric, waste toilet/water disposal. We live at Porthcawl a coastal town in South Wales. If you interested please contact me. All the eggs you can eat.
April 13th 14 02:59 PM
by Dragon45 Go to last post
0 914
A few niggles with our caravan.. Fridge and water heater by Marconi1982
Ok here goes I bought a cheap caravan with the intention of using it for one weekend (Silverstone GP) last year and then selling it on..... But we actually like it too much to sell now. It's 1993 Lunar Meteorite and had the same owner from new until we took ownership. It's in VERY good condition and when we bought it everything worked. The weekend at Silverstone tested everything and had...
April 13th 14 10:35 AM
by Marconi1982 Go to last post
0 850
I'm new... Be gentle by Marconi1982
Hello all I'm now a caravan'er and after approximately 3 hours of feeling like I was trying to hack into the whoppa main frame (guess the security letter things to register ) I am now a registered member :-) Anyway I made it and I look forward to extracting all sorts of knowledge from you guys with the hope that in years to come, I too will be a guru of the caravan world having learnt...
April 13th 14 09:55 AM
by Marconi1982 Go to last post
0 802
Aquaroll problem by Woody[_4_]
We have a 40L Aquaroll which is about 8 years old but has had relatively little use. My problem is that it leaks from the top cap when being rolled full. I have fitted a new top cap with new O-ring but it still leaks - it is almost as though I cannot screw the cap on tight enough? Anyone else come across this and found a solution, or is it time for a new barrel?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 10th 14 03:46 PM
by No Name Go to last post
10 1,902
Split charge relay by Turbo
I just fitted a Smartcom relay to one of our cars this evening. Problem is the relay is still on at 12.6v, the alternator is cranking out 14.5v. Could the higher voltage have damaged the relay? Does anybody know what the safe operating voltage ivs, the relay should have switched off at 13.2v. All help apprreciated.
February 21st 14 03:36 AM
by Woody[_4_] Go to last post
7 1,132
Swift Tail light by Turbo
Has anybody a solution or bodge to my problem. While removing a lense from the taillight the rubber grommets that hold the nuts captive fell into the body of the van . If you have any experience of this maybe you could give me some pointers, thanks.
February 21st 14 12:32 AM
by Turbo Go to last post
0 905
Tail light grommets by Turbo
While removing the lense from the taillight the grommets that hold the nuts captive fell off into the body of the van. Has anybody a bodge or is it just easier to try the dealers for this obscure part.
February 19th 14 10:46 PM
by Turbo Go to last post
0 739
I need help and advice!! by nickdoyle
I'm just about to start a new job around the Chertsey area and the cheapest way of me starting out is to use my caravan or my uncles motor home, but, I can't seem to find anywhere that specifies long term lets! Can any one point me in the right direction or have any advice, it would be very appreciated
February 18th 14 06:40 PM
by Keith[_5_] Go to last post
7 1,070
Post New Thread