Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : UK Caravanning Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
FAO Guy Barnes by ForeverArsenal
I have a hymer swing 530 KZ 2004 model 5 berth with fixed bunks. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Guy,does your swing have onboard water tank ?(drinking). If so how does one go on when leaving site ?,do you have to drain down every time ?. Only go away for three days at a time. The Hymer I'm thinking of getting has onboard tank at *rear* of van, with hot water tank...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 17th 08 08:36 AM
by Andy R Go to last post
16 920
Caravan with towball hitch & roof mount by Tim Downie[_2_]
When we in France a couple of years ago, we spotted an odd looking caravan that appeared to be connected to the tow car by a very short connection (so that the front of the van was very close to the rear of the car) and the van extended up and over the roof ov the car where there was some sort of roof-rack mounted frame & hitch. I guess that the roof hitch was mostly to transfer "noseweight"...
May 17th 08 12:06 AM
by Neil Go to last post
3 471
Hymer Nova by ForeverArsenal
Hi Thinking of parting with fair lump of dosh for a 2003 Hymer Nova 545. Not concerned with weight,has 12 volt plus 250 volt system,fixed bed,good condiction. I know from research they are well built and probably resist water ingress better than UK built vans.
May 17th 08 12:03 AM
by bill lord Go to last post
4 423
Route to the toilet on campsite by Dribbler[_2_]
Incredible journey to the loo at an Alston campsite. Pinched from uk.rec.camping, I hope the original poster will forgive me: Courtesy of Bill Wright of uk.tech.digital-tv http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hZCBNroEmac Dribbler
May 16th 08 03:11 PM
by Martin[_4_] Go to last post
4 257
Who wants to be a Billionaire?..... by Out Of Africa
....then, hurry down to your nearest foreign echange bureau without delay - where, thanks to the triumphant success of majority rule in Rhodes...., sorry, 'Zimbabwe' (lol!) less than 2.50 measly UK pounds will buy you a couple of genuine half billion 'zimbabwe' (lol!) dollar notes. Think of all the swanking to be had on your next caravan trip, telling your site neighbours of your entry...
May 15th 08 03:51 PM
by Out Of Africa Go to last post
0 239
Break-away cable with a detachable tow bar by g6zru
Where do those of you with detachable towbars attach the breakaway cable to? I don't seem to have anywhere other than the towbar on my Skoda Roomster. Fred
May 15th 08 10:50 AM
by g6zru Go to last post
2 314
not much time left for you now by oldgit
Oil is generally being forecast to reach $200 a barrel within 3 years - that will mean a per litre price of about 2.50, or about 10 per gallon. I daresay that you won't be clogging up the roads then ;) It's rare to wish for higher prices - but if it means an end to the caravan menace, then bring it on!
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 11th 08 10:32 PM
by oldgit Go to last post
16 587
Towing Mirrors by hugh
Latest CC Magazine had an article on legal requirements for towing mirrors. But they admitted that their own legal department found it all too hard and difficult and so they asked a mirror manufacturer!! Does anyone know of a genuinely unbiassed analysis of the current requirements regarding "E" approved towing mirrors. -- hugh Reply to address is valid at the time of posting
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 11th 08 10:19 PM
by Peter Balcombe Go to last post
31 1,193
New Tyres(not the same one as below) by Hirem Firem
Just dropped my wheels of at a local dealer to get the tyres changed, the guys there said they looked like normal car tyres (Dunlop India 175/13R 86) no mention on them about a ply rating, it made me think. They came with the van when it was new 7 years ago. Any thoughts on this subject. By the way it is an Elldis Firestorm 400/4 Cheers
May 11th 08 08:59 PM
by Hirem Firem Go to last post
4 403
Water Pump Problem by tony h
A bit of advice required, if possible. I have an old bailey senator 6000, which uses a shurflo pump for the water. As yet, no proper diagnosis has been possible, besides checking the fuses (there maybe more that I don't know about?!), I will have a go with a multimeter before doing anything drastic, My water has suddenly stopped pumping, was OK a month or so ago when we went away for the...
May 11th 08 04:00 PM
by Graham[_6_] Go to last post
6 448
New tyres by artleknock
Having just retired and now with lots of time to do what we want, we are heading of to Scotland and Ireland for six weeks. We bought our present caravan just over a year ago, a 2001 Bailey Pageant Magenta. The tyres looked in perfect order, good tread, no cracks or wear, but I have heard and seen so many horror stories where the tyres disintegrate because of age I thought it best to be safe and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 11th 08 03:51 PM
by Andy R Go to last post
17 820
FS Hitchdrive Ebay by Harry Bloomfield[_2_]
Without wishing to get involved with yet another debate about the Hitchdrive... I have a brand new one in its box for sale on Ebay Item number: 190220233556 -- Regards, Harry (M1BYT) (L) http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk
May 10th 08 07:48 AM
by Harry Bloomfield[_2_] Go to last post
0 336
fleetwood countryside 500/5 by minty
hi does anybody have a copy of a fleetwood caravan manual, that they could either scan, copy and post i would reimburse costs, thanks Andy
May 9th 08 01:38 PM
by minty Go to last post
0 382
leveller. What do you use? by Darren B
Currently we are using two big heavy chunks of wood to level our motorhome. They are heavy and take a lot of space up. Are the plastic levellers from the caravan shops any good? What do you use for levelling your van with success? TIA.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 9th 08 07:31 AM
by Dogpoop Go to last post
20 1,134
Citroen C5 2001 Mirrors? by George Gosbee
Citroen C5 2001. What are the best fitting caravan wing mirrors? TIA George.
May 9th 08 12:37 AM
by John Miller[_2_] Go to last post
4 516
Caravan insurance by ForeverArsenal
Looking to get insurance quotes on Hymer Nova. Is there company's that are better/cheaper that cover German vans or are they all much the same. I know some years back NFU seemed to be the choice of many,waiting for a call back from them,seems a bit of a poor do that no one there to handle my query at the time tho.
May 8th 08 11:42 PM
by ForeverArsenal Go to last post
7 706
Price of fuel in France and/or Spain by Donwill
Anybody been abroad lately? am trying to get an idea of costs for holiday, driving down through France to Southern Spain. Cost of Diesel I want really, Cheers Don
May 8th 08 09:41 PM
by Woody[_3_] Go to last post
9 676
Euro plug? by jan
Hi all, I am planning my holidays in UK, travel with caravan and I wonder if I can use the standard euro plug/CEE (the blue one..) on UK camp sites, and if not, what do I use? thx in advance from Holland, Jan
May 8th 08 09:39 PM
by Woody[_3_] Go to last post
5 385
Carver 2 water heater by John East
My water heater (gas only) is playing up. It fails to light at all but the ignition is 'clicking' like mad. I have cleaned out the gas pipe which had some brown gloop in it but no change. The solenoid seems to be working and the filter in the gas line appears clean. If anyone has any ideas I will be delighted to hear them. The van is an Elddis 510 (1991) I have spoken to the very friendly...
May 8th 08 07:22 PM
by Harry Bloomfield[_2_] Go to last post
7 855
Honda Crv by mudlarks55
Hi just brought my first Honda, Antone know if I can get hold of a workshop manual?? Dave C
May 6th 08 10:04 PM
by mudlarks55 Go to last post
0 294
Post New Thread