Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : UK Caravanning Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
hello by missbusybusy
Hello All Just a quick post to say hello and we hope to gain lots of useful information from you all and hopefully add some value to the forum as well regards Carol
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 17th 13 11:18 PM
by bert Go to last post
13 1,000
Shortage of Calor Lite Gas by Martin C[_5_]
Anyone else finding Lite Gas difficult to obtain? We have been quoted a 2 - 5 week delay in the Portsmouth area. Suggestion from the local dealer was to try the Club sites as they may have some stock left. TIA Martin C
September 6th 13 09:18 PM
by Martin C[_4_] Go to last post
8 910
Time to Renew Driving Licence. by bert
The big 7-0 is approaching and I've had the letter from those nice people at the DVLA reminding me that I must renew my licence. Funny how the government are quick to ask us to work longer and now also to do jury service after 70 because we are living longer but haven't extended the driving licence renewal age. There is a very inviting tick box on the form which says "Renew my driving...
September 2nd 13 10:23 PM
by bert Go to last post
7 577
Stuck gas adaptor by Chris J Dixon
I had an unexpected caravan problem this weekend with a new clip-on gas adaptor like this http://www.towsure.com/product/21mm_Butane_ClipOn_Adaptor_for_HP_Hose The gas ran out, so I tried to release the fitting, but it was resistant to all attempts. I turned the knob to the off position, but lifting the plastic arm would not release the catch. In the end I had to buy a new fitting.
August 29th 13 08:04 AM
by Chris J Dixon Go to last post
9 832
Ceiling light - tube or fixture failure? by Dave22fair
Hi folks, Our 2005 Elddis Avante 475 has two 12v 9w Luma crown ceiling lights, but after the lights flickered over a period of time, one failed and the second one followed soon after. I thought the tubes were the fault and bought replacements. These did not solve the problem, so I checked the electrics with a meter. With the tubes unplugged, the incoming supply to the light control equipment...
August 25th 13 09:48 PM
by bert Go to last post
2 595
Caravan buyers by Who, me?
Hi from a newby. The CC Magazine has lots of 'we buy your van'. Has anyone used one please and had a reliable service and a reasonable valuation. The van to be sold is now 16 years old, dry and 'one owner' from new but it needs to go quickly at a reasonable price. Thanks for any pointers.
August 20th 13 10:30 AM
by Ronaled07 Go to last post
2 516
Question
Swft Accord 480 2007 fuse box by Peter Clarke
Hi, does anyone have a which-fuse-does-what list for my 2007 Swift Accord 480. They are under the bunk in the front left hand corner and numbered 1-14. Thanks.
August 14th 13 01:14 PM
by Dougal Go to last post
4 807
2+2 lts Toilet fliud 3 Halfords. by David[_15_]
Halfords were very busy yesterday selling Blue Diamond 2 lltr. Toilet Fliud 3 buy one get one free. Also the pink flush water additive. Suggest you order for collect in store to secure yours. Regards David
August 12th 13 05:25 PM
by news.plus.net Go to last post
4 583
what is the real life expectancy of a static van? by Bruce Robertson
I have a 4 years old Willerby Vogue. It has never been moved apart from the commissioning bay to its present position. It has only been used for short periods by family. However the fridge died after 3 years and had to be replaced. The TV required repairs and the cooker hood had to be replaced and now the edging strips on doors and drawers are peeling away. As this is my first 'van is this...
August 11th 13 08:31 AM
by Bruce Robertson Go to last post
4 1,249
Help - Electrolux RM 4230 fridge died. by [email protected]
Il giorno sabato 17 dicembre 2011 23:28:47 UTC+1, Neil ha scritto: Hi My RM 4230 as fitted to my 2001 Lunar Chateaux died slowly this autumn while we were away. ... I have also had the unit upside down for a few days, and now the unit is back in the 'van and connected up but neither gas or mains electric is producing any cooling effect! So, I does anyone here know if it is possible to get the...
June 24th 13 10:07 AM
by Neil Harvey Go to last post
1 1,481
Question
Iternal Lights Abbey 212GT 1988 by thomasue
Last trip out internal ceiling lights worked but now do not work Any help woul be welcome also where are the fuses located as this might be problem
June 17th 13 10:53 PM
by JTM Go to last post
9 897
FS - Motobecane folding moped by [email protected]
My Motobecane X1 folding moped is now ready to go to a new home. Good examples of these are rare, especially in good condition with new tyres (very hard to find) and a new MOT. The caravan and motorhome guys love them because they only weigh 37Kg and are easy to stow in a car boot etc. Pictures at http://www.facebook.com/chris.newport.545 -- 05 Yamaha YP400 Majesty
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 4th 13 08:47 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
10 1,229
Replacing tyres by Keefiedee
Am at the point of replacing the tyres on my Eriba as they are coming up for 7 years old - but look in excellent condition externally of course. Have been looking online at Tyre-shopper.co.uk and have found a pair of Tigar Seguras for 35.50 each - a lot cheaper than my local tyre supplier. I am almost wondering if they are not too cheap - but then again, for a caravan I assume one is not...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 28th 13 03:31 PM
by Harry Bloomfield[_2_] Go to last post
12 1,287
Trailer tyres by Mary Fisher[_2_]
Hello everyone, I'm back - now that I've found out how to do it on this devilish machine called a Macpro. Son gave me it so I can't be churlish and say I prefer the pc but I do ... I still prefer the Moggy to the Laguna for the same reasons - simple, easy to work out what's wrong and fix it. Today Spouse was talking about buying new tyres for our trailer (not caravan) so that we can use it next...
May 28th 13 03:26 PM
by Harry Bloomfield[_2_] Go to last post
4 1,422
Tuesday, May 21 2013 by ah
On 5/21/13 5:30 PM, Hello, Purbeck wrote: Dear diary On my desk there is a photograph of a van. I do not know what this van is, but it is haunting me. Could it be the Transit van? There is some connection, surely. JPEGS!!1! --
May 26th 13 08:31 AM
by ah Go to last post
4 458
Battery by ag.richards
Hi When I charge the Leisure Battery with caravan charger you can here a sizzling noise and the battery get quiet hot and soon looses its charge does this mean its knackered Thx in advance for any answers.T.R.
May 24th 13 08:48 AM
by Harry Stottle[_4_] Go to last post
3 811
E-bay ? - |No Way. by bert
Having just acquired a new Swift Challenger was looking for an Alko wheel lock. So e-bay I thought. Sure enough some 2nd hand of the right module available. Two have gone for 200 inc postage. However on checking Alko webaie they have an offer on this month and I've just ordered a brand new one for 203 inc postage. So e-bay ain't always the best option. -- bert
May 6th 13 01:59 PM
by hidehi Go to last post
3 594
Caravan wiring question by bert
In message , Harry Bloomfield writes Woody has brought this to us : AFAICS whilst there is some electronics in the fridge its sole purpose is to measure and display temperature but the fridge will still work without it. IME there is no temperature control when running on gas, it is on or off. For ...
May 6th 13 01:52 PM
by Harry Bloomfield[_2_] Go to last post
2 559
Going to Venice by Another Dave
I'm thinking of taking the caravan to Venice. The shortest route is via Switzerland. I seem to remember that the Swiss are unwelcoming to foreign cars let alone caravans and that there are charges. Any advice? Another Dave
May 4th 13 01:40 PM
by Keith[_5_] Go to last post
7 689
Weird Calor gas exchange rules by Tim+
Has anyone else come across this? http://www.calor.co.uk/customer-services/faqs/general-cylinder-queries/cylinder-exchange-policy/ On what planet does any of this make sense? Despite the rules, I've never had any trouble swapping cylinders between groups but the logic of the rules eludes me. Tim
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 1st 13 07:14 PM
by hidehi Go to last post
26 4,396