Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : UK Caravanning Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Belgium by KAW[_2_]
Any suggestios for a site for 3 nights to break journey back from Nancy to Zeebrugge.
May 1st 13 03:23 PM
by KAW[_2_] Go to last post
0 439
Mr Shifta by rolandrat
Does anyone know if there is a Mr Shifta for sale, they seem to be snapped up very quickly. I'm prepared to travel any distance. The last one I enquired about was in Scotland and it had been sold.
April 18th 13 04:42 PM
by rolandrat Go to last post
0 434
Shocking how few have a Carbon Monoxide/smoke Alarm. Do you? by Pendrag0n
How many people have to die before we see sense! http://tinyurl.com/agzlapn I am shocked to think that any residence would be without a smoke and carbon monoxide detector these days. A paltry 20 for peace of mind http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/7001617.htm So much for intelligence! I wonder how many of us actually do have them or not here?
April 17th 13 06:09 PM
by hidehi Go to last post
5 2,806
Al-ko spare wheel holder by Chris J Dixon
Having dutifully renewed all three caravan tyres on grounds of age (It was a shame to see so much unused rubber, but it just isn't worth the risk) I had to get the spare wheel holder back in place. I am about as far from a muscle man as could be, and I ended up having to use my trolley jack to lift it high enough to secure properly. Is there a particular knack to this task, or do I just have to
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 12th 13 11:42 AM
by Tim+[_2_] Go to last post
18 1,356
Mr Shifta by rolandrat
Is there a reason for the Mr Shifta caravan mover not being available anymore. If anyone knows of an owner who wants to part with one I would like to buy one. Thanks.
April 5th 13 12:46 PM
by rolandrat Go to last post
4 1,496
Four-wheel drive Land Rover Camper for sale ... by [email protected]
On Tuesday, 18 March 1997 09:00:00 UTC+1, Ken Bowker wrote: My Land Rover Camper is for sale because we're settling down to the quiet life ... if anyone is interested, please give Jean or myself a call. I've attached the details of the ad which has gone out in the UK press for basic information. Here's the advertisement to give you a flavour; the story follows it ...
March 28th 13 09:58 AM
by Geoff[_5_] Go to last post
1 1,919
Using a full service pitch by Appelation Controlee
In a week's time we'll be staying for a week on a site where the only availability for our size of caravan is a full service pitch. I haven't used one of these pitches before, although I've observed (at a distance) how one or two others have set themselves up. Is there an off-the-peg kit available? Alternatively what do I need to assemble kit-wise to be able to deal with most eventualities when...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 25th 13 12:36 PM
by Harry Bloomfield[_2_] Go to last post
16 2,270
13 pin plug by KAW[_2_]
Has anyone had to wire up a 13 pin plug? how difficult is it? Anyone know where to find an exploded diagram of the plug?
February 19th 13 05:40 PM
by Neil Go to last post
3 538
Karma Airframe Awning by bert
Anyone used one of these? If they work they will be the ultimate easy to erect and take down awning -- bert
February 15th 13 07:48 PM
by bert Go to last post
0 665
Unhappy
Best small 4x4 towcar by Peter Clarke
Can members advise the smallest, most economical 4x4 towcar to pull a 1106kg caravan? It has to be reasonably small as the wife doesn't like to drive big cars, economical for obvious fuel-related reasons and 4x4 so we can get out of our village in the snow. Oh, and it has to be at least five years old so I can afford it! I have a Nissan X Trail at the moment.
February 12th 13 10:27 AM
by bromwitch Go to last post
6 1,394
Pre-owned motor home advice please by Denni
Hi all - stumbled across this forum while online researching used motor homes. We would be glad of any suggestions/advice about makes/models/pitfalls when we start seriously looking around over the next few months. Our budget is 8K - 12K and we would like 3/4 berth so we can take the g'children with us sometimes BUT not too big so we can cope with narrow lanes and carparks!! All new to us -...
February 11th 13 11:09 AM
by Dougal Go to last post
3 464
Sites near tonbridge wells by Hilary[_5_]
Hi there, Can anyone recommend a site that will be open this month in and around Tonbridge wells? I'm guessing it will need to be hardstanding. Thanks in advance.
February 2nd 13 07:16 PM
by Hilary[_5_] Go to last post
0 386
Al-Ko AKS 3004 by Harry Bloomfield[_2_]
Another question.... On the front of the above couple is a red button which shows green to indicate it is properly coupled up - ignore that. On the black handle close to where it hinges is what I believe should be a red square of plastic, except mine is missing. Under it is a green bit of plastic upon which I assume the red part fixes. What is the purpose of the red square button please and...
February 1st 13 06:15 PM
by Harry Bloomfield[_2_] Go to last post
2 702
Patching alloy panel by Harry Bloomfield[_2_]
I have a repair I need to make to an alloy side panel. Because of its multi ribbed contour, filling is not an option. My idea is to apply a matching section of ribbed panel, basically cut to shape and stuck over the top. I now have a a matching section of panel, I just need to work out how to apply it over the damage. Whatever adhesive I use needs to be quite thin, to prevent the panel...
January 30th 13 07:13 PM
by Roy Go to last post
8 715
12 volt Duel voltage HD TV by David Park
The caravan club magazine is carrying adverts for the Avtex 21.5" LED TV/DVD/PVR with HD Freeview and HD Satellite, DVB-T2 and DVB-S2 Seem to be at caravan dealers only and a high price 449. The advert does not say what it records onto. Personal would not be recording in a caravan anyway. Are these sort of TV's available in normal TV dealers, High Street or On-line branded differently and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 29th 13 10:42 AM
by David Park Go to last post
12 1,256
A better charger? is it a SMART one? by David Park
http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_uk/hs.xsl/index_38025.htm I know that normal chargers and chargers in caravans only charge 13.8V so we only get a leisure battery part full. Will this give the extra volt to get a better charge in,? Regards David
January 28th 13 07:07 PM
by Woody[_4_] Go to last post
5 827
Wink
Static Caravan Help by John Taylor
I currently have a static caravam that is sited in Scarborough, the caravan is 15 years old but in pretty much mint condition. Scarborough is a little too far away for me now (I live in Northampton) so cannot decide whether to pay for the caravan to be removed and disposed of (at a cost) or to move the caravan to a site closer (Derbyshire for example). Could anyone advise what the typical cost...
January 25th 13 09:02 PM
by bert Go to last post
1 562
Custom Blinds. by nemesis
Can anyone recommend a maker of custom size caravan blinds. I want some extra large for a project. Thanks,
January 16th 13 11:05 PM
by Harry Bloomfield[_2_] Go to last post
7 1,297
Merry Christmas from Leisure World by GrahamW
"Catterick-Ebor-Tyneside" wrote in message ... and ... Best Wishes for 2013 --
December 28th 12 08:10 AM
by Vic[_2_] Go to last post
4 693
Wood effect fablon by David C
The wood effect fablon below the lockers in my 2001 Abbey Vogue van is beginning to peel. Can I easily replace this and does anyone know of a supplier David
November 27th 12 06:45 AM
by Clark0 Go to last post
7 1,886
Post New Thread