Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : UK Caravanning Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
caravan floor by richard seed
Iv got one of the floor of my swift challenger suddenly go springy for about half the length of the van . Is this Damp or loose screwws or what . #A quick look underneath shows that the springy areaa coincides with one of the wooden plywood floor plates. This is the one by the door awat from the tow hitch . (back)? 1) should I worry? 2) How difficult is this tofix for some like with limitted...
November 26th 12 10:45 AM
by Clark00 Go to last post
3 854
Newbie Alert by Fran
Hello People! I've just acquired my first caravan. Can someone point me in the right direction re hitching, pitching and towing tips please? I'm a reasonably good driver, but completely inexperienced at towing. Is there, for example, a FAQ or something on the subject? I don't want to be asking completely inane questions if I can help it... Thanks
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 26th 12 10:41 AM
by Clark00 Go to last post
19 1,333
Carpets by T.
Fairly new to caravans. The problem I have is a carpet overlay - it won't stay put and wife insists we have carpet protectors.. Anyone have experience of fixing them down - tried velcro - does not work. Polite suggestions only please. Thanks
November 22nd 12 05:41 AM
by Clark0 Go to last post
9 1,138
Cleaning Caravan Tanks and Pipes by REDSKINS[_2_]
Its that time of year again where I will need to clean and sterilise the On board tank and pipes. In the past I used that powdered stuff which did not disolve, Last year I used the new Organic stuff "cittrox" this year i want to use something else, How good Is Milton? or what about chlorine (I have it for the spa)?? any ideas?
November 22nd 12 05:38 AM
by Clark0 Go to last post
4 633
Question
Abbey 212GT by thomasue
Can anyone recommend an awning or porch awning to fit. I was looking at Suncamp Ultima 260 but do not know if it would fit as the van is only small roughley 8ft high 10ft wide
November 1st 12 12:45 PM
by thomasue Go to last post
0 446
Water heater - noisy when on gas....? by Simon Hawthorne
Hi all Just got back from a long weekend away (with the Alko towball off my old car, grease free, fitted to my new vehicle...... just in case anyone wondered!). There was no hook up (no problem) - but I noticed that the water heater was noisy. When lighting there was a definate CLICK - and then it would rumble away to itself for a few minutes before switching off. The water temp is fine - but...
October 31st 12 06:57 PM
by bert Go to last post
9 891
Wanted - Isabella Magnum Awinging (1025cm) by [email protected]
We are looking for a good quality 2nd hand Isabella Magnum (Grey) awning. If anyone has changed their caravan and has an awning for sale please let me know.
October 29th 12 11:20 AM
by bill lord Go to last post
1 554
spare wheel for fleurette tamaris caravan by jonesy
I AM HAVING TROUBLE GETTING A SPARE WHEEL AND TYRE FOR MY FLEURETTE TAMARIS 34 CARAVAN.(1994) THE TYRE DETAILS ARE 155/80 R13. THE TYRE MAKE ON IT IS DUNLOP ROUES F. THE WHEEL RIM HAS ET 20 AND 1.91 WRITTEN ON IT BUT NO SJ NUMBER. CAN ANYONE HELP. THANKS.
October 28th 12 04:23 PM
by John Whitehead Go to last post
3 708
Spares for French caravans by Keith[_5_]
I run a 12 year old Fleurette and needed to replace the damper in the tow hitch. UK distributor - 'no can do, we'll fit a complete new hitch for about 350-400'. I've sourced the damper (Friday pm, delivered Tues am) for 68 delivered from: http://www.remorques-charnoud.fr/ May be of use to Fleurette, Rapido, Silver, Trigano... owners.
October 17th 12 10:26 AM
by Keith[_5_] Go to last post
0 1,498
November 5th - fireworks by bill lord
On Thu, 13 Sep 2012 19:19:43 +0100, "Nige" wrote: "Harry Stottle" wrote in message ... On 13/09/12 14:04, hugh wrote: In message , writes If you guys ever need any fireworks for your events in...
September 26th 12 04:18 PM
by bill lord Go to last post
2 647
Question
1986 abbey212gt by thomasue
Hi does anyone know of insurance company that would cover my van as the one I rang Caravan Guard would not insure beacause of its age
September 23rd 12 11:50 PM
by hugh Go to last post
7 814
Unhappy
cosaltabbey212gt1986 by thomasue
Anyone know where vin number is on my caravan
September 17th 12 12:08 PM
by thomasue Go to last post
3 571
Gas shut off beside fridge . by Tim[_7_]
My 97 Bailey has a shut off isolator valve beside the fridge. It is a square spigot? inside a cowl so you would need some sort of key to insert ..question is anyone know what size these are and a source?? Tks all
September 16th 12 10:14 PM
by dan1980 Go to last post
2 553
fixed beds by Maurice
Hello We are thinking of going back to a caravan from a campervan. Any recommendations on a 4 berth with twin fixed beds? Any one with experience of a Geist caravan? Maurice
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 8th 12 07:07 AM
by Ronaled07 Go to last post
13 1,276
Clarke vs Honda Generators? by Brian Reay.
Has anyone tried the Clarke 4 stroke inverter generators? They are similar in style to the Honda ones but considerably cheaper. Comparing Clarke prices: 1kW 815 vs 267 2kW 1319 vs 480 I know the Honda's can be got for less elsewhere but not that much less and that makes the Clarke attractive.
September 6th 12 09:52 PM
by David Go to last post
5 5,389
Cool
Caravan Mudflaps by ElTel
Hi Can anyone recommend a supplier of Caravan Mudflaps? Cheers
September 6th 12 09:19 PM
by ElTel Go to last post
2 754
What A Whopper!! by hugh
Crawling slowly along Vernon Way in Crewe last week, huge 7 wheeler being towed by an artic tractor unit. Massive!! -- hugh
September 6th 12 04:39 PM
by hugh Go to last post
0 480
latest mobiles by [email protected]
Samsung mobile phones are sure to make your eyes bulge out with astonishment and appeal by its exceptional beauty and functionality. No doubt a few of them are very
September 3rd 12 01:14 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 438
Rock Pegs Green tops by Howard Morgan
Does anybody know if it is possible to buy just the GREEN tops to rock pegs. I seem to break 4/5 every time I put the awning up. Or what is the trick not to break them (Before anybody says don't hit them - I've said it
August 28th 12 06:22 PM
by Roy Go to last post
2 793
Black mould dots on curtains by Ian
The linings on my 2010 Swift Challenger 570 has developed what appear to be black dots. The caravan has been tested by the dealer for dampness but seems to be OK. Anyone any idea the best method to remove these from the curtain linings? TIA Ian
August 23rd 12 05:00 PM
by soupdragon[_2_] Go to last post
2 666
Post New Thread