Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : UK Motor Caravans Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
got one by icky
took the plunge and got a new one ! £275 thought it seemed cheep I've been quoted "£220 at one breakers. Started fitting it today, it nearly fit ;-) it needs to warm up a bit before I fire it up though pipes are frozen :-( hope theres nowt else bust
February 20th 08 05:31 PM
by icky Go to last post
0 340
truma fault codes by icky
Hi All I've got a 1983 hymer 660s, we went out in it for the first time this week, all was well but the hot water stopped working, the boiler is a truma (not sure what model though). on the control panel it has a temp controle knob and 3 led lights on start up it used to flick from red to green a few times and then go to green and amber and then green but now its just stuck on red any...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 19th 08 02:44 PM
by Josiah Jenkins Go to last post
17 4,157
Wanted truma ultrastore by icky
I am in need of a truma ultra store must be in good working order and reasonably priced anyone got one ? Cheers Icky
February 19th 08 10:28 AM
by icky Go to last post
0 358
Croatia by PM[_3_]
Has anyone out there spent any time in recent years in Croatia? We're looking at Slovenia for a trip May/June and have wondered about going on further to the Istrian Penninsula, or further south. The one black mark we can see at the moment seems to be mosquitoes since we are both susceptible these days - the effects seem to get worse as we "mature". grateful for any ideas/information on the...
February 18th 08 02:16 PM
by PM[_3_] Go to last post
0 378
ventilation by ed
Hope to have three visitors in a borrowed caravan for Christmas,used solely for sleeping , should I leave the vent on the roof open at all times, if open there seems to be condensation around it, we have a small electric fan heater to warm it up before occupation Thanks for advice E
February 18th 08 08:23 AM
by Angus Go to last post
1 309
Corsica and Sardinia by RustY©
Has anyone 'done' these islands recently with a van ? In April, I plan to ferry from France / Italy to North Corse, drive down to the bottom of the island then ferry across to Sardinia for a full lap of that island them back onto Corse and up the other side to get back to the ferry port. Sorting out ferries is not as straight forward as I'd hoped though. I was thinking of a two week return from...
February 13th 08 09:55 PM
by RustY© Go to last post
2 427
Talbot 2.0 litre exhaust gaskets by [email protected]
Does anyne know of a supplier for some exhaust gaskets talbot express 2.0 litre 1987 model . I have tried Delfins but they have not answered my messages Steve
February 13th 08 07:29 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
6 1,269
End of BBC Short Wave Transmissions to Europe. by Dave D
I was about five minutes away from ordering a replacement Sony SW radio on Amazon for my old cracked Sony 7600 when I came across a page on the BBC website which tells us that - "The remaining BBC World Service shortwave transmissions to Europe will close on 18th February 2008." and "the majority of shortwave transmissions ceased in March 2007" I was having problems all last year in France and...
February 12th 08 04:30 PM
by Dave D Go to last post
6 678
February 11th 08 12:44 PM
by Campa-Man Go to last post
2 456
MY COACHBUILT CI motorhome 1975 Ford Transit by DJLASER1962
I wondered if anyone knows any enthusiast is interested in Pimping my caravan and we can sell it afterwards and split the profits. At the moment I love it, but it is the only vehicle we have and being an automatic it is so expensive to drive anyway. Help anyone at all. I am based in Croydon London UK
February 10th 08 05:27 PM
by DJLASER1962 Go to last post
0 416
EIRE by hymer46
CAN ANYONE CONFIRM THIS,BEEN TOLD TO TAX A CAMPERVAN IN SOUTHERN IRELAND Is about 80 pounds for a year.correct or not.thanks hymer46
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 4th 08 05:22 PM
by camperguy Go to last post
13 1,145
travels with our Labrador by Susie Thompson
We have a three year old yellow Labrador dog called Sam who is very fit and weighs around 6 stone. We also have a Marquis Lancashire motorhome, which is the Marquis conversion of the 2003 Autosleeper Nuevo. When he's in our car, Sam sits in the boot, the other side of the fixed dog guard - he loves looking out of the windows and watches everything that's going on. He doesn't often curl up...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 4th 08 11:52 AM
by Campa-Man Go to last post
10 930
LHD camper woes and 40MPG! wow. by Terry[_5_]
3000kg class IV (PLG) import based on Ford 2.5DI driven sensibly (top speed 60ish) has just returned 40+MPG.......!! I was hoping optimistically to get about 30mpg, but 40 is a real plus :)) The downside is pulling away from roundabouts and junctions that have markers that are not square, designed so you sort of swerve in with the flow when pulling away. This means in a LHD the right side...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 4th 08 11:04 AM
by Jules Go to last post
10 921
fotos up of VW by Jules
Hi all Got fotos up on my site...please take a look at let me know what yo think. it looks better in the flesh.. Any tips etc, that will make life better on a months Euro trip...electrics, gas, water...things you have found out over the years... www.julianhales.co.uk
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 27th 08 09:06 PM
by BRG[_2_] Go to last post
15 1,136
Motorhome alarm? by Colin[_2_]
I have an old 1994 Diesel camper (Ford Transit Coach built) which is pre factory security systems so I need to fit one, and if I am fitting one it might as well be an alarm rather than immobiliser only! I'd like it Thatcham approved but in that case I think the alarm (Cat1) needs to be fitted by an installer (with certificate) although I think the immobiliser (Cat2) is OK as a DIY. I used to fit...
January 25th 08 09:02 AM
by Campa-Man Go to last post
4 609
Advice required for motorhome purchase by Adam Lipscombe
Folks We are looking to buy a motorhome and have @ 12k max to spend. We have looked into getting one from Germany and the 3 that appeal are 1. Hymer integrated on a Mercedes chassis. (2.5 non turbo) 2. VW Karmann "Distance" (2.5 Turbo)
January 22nd 08 11:30 AM
by JayDee[_3_] Go to last post
2 414
led lamps by Dutchman
Replacement Led Bulb for G4 12V DC Halogen Capsule Looking to change my lamp-bulbs over horizontal fitting, anyone know where I can buy these on line. Tried Google without much luck Cheers D......
January 20th 08 11:36 PM
by Josiah Jenkins Go to last post
5 704
Adding seatbelts by Nebulous[_2_]
Hi folks I've been looking at a Hymer motorhome from the early nineties- main problem is it only has seatbelts in the front two seats and as there are 4 of us we need in the rear as well. How feasible is this? Are there fixing points? What are the regulations for carrying people/children in the back? Seats must be forward facing is that right?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 18th 08 07:12 PM
by caroline Go to last post
39 3,884
Brainwave - Upgrading motorhome chassis cabs. by KM[_3_]
|| wrote: |||| On 15 Jan, 11:59, "Campa-Man" |||| wrote: ||||| "Lefty" wrote in message ||||| ||||| ... ||||| |||||| Use to work fitting bodies to various chassis cabs, suh as |||||| Lutons, Pickups, Flat beds. |||||
January 18th 08 02:51 PM
by KM[_3_] Go to last post
0 380
Talbot based camper pictures by [email protected]
My son has decided it is a good idea to have more pictures of talbot based campers on our site http://www.merlinsdiary.we.bs/show_us_yours.htm If you want yours to be shown to the viewing few please let me have a pic I can hide number plates if you wish
January 17th 08 06:39 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 341
Post New Thread