Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : UK Motor Caravans Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
burstner e control by Troggy
Hi all, a mate of mine recently bought a new burstner t680. I t has a Reich e control which seems to be the central control panel for just about everything on the van....IF this control panel happens to go kaput...is it a major problem for the rest of the van functioning without it? Instructions included with van concerning e control are not really worth having!!! cheers all
April 17th 13 02:52 PM
by Jackrussel Go to last post
1 1,457
wagon r by Poster of rubbish ...
I would like to turn my wagon r into a camper...I have a budget of 500 can I get the parts at IEKA ?.......
February 19th 13 02:20 AM
by Surferdude03 Go to last post
4 1,179
Open sites around tunbridge wells and St.Leonards o/s (nr Hastings) by Hilary[_5_]
Hi there Can anyone recommend sites open this month in and around Tunbridge Wells and St.Leonards o/s (Hastings area). Will need hard standing I'm guessing at this time of year. Youngest is moving. Thanks in advance.
February 2nd 13 07:24 PM
by Hilary[_5_] Go to last post
0 837
Importing a campervan from Europe. by Pendrag0n
Hello Al, Looking for a decent Rimor (Ford based) camper from about 5k to 15k, around 1995 to 2008 I guess. I did buy one once a few years back from here (UK) and the guy had just imported it from Germany and it all seemed quite straightforward and cheapish. What do you guys think of these two, or maybe alternatives here and abroad. And what about the process of buying and importing,...
December 15th 12 08:29 PM
by Pendrag0n Go to last post
1 813
Coachbuilt woodwork problem by Alan Greenwood
My Motorcamper has a small area of 'soft' timber that needs attention. It is situated between a rear side window and the back corner of my van. Is it practical for me to attempt to repair / replace this myself, from the inside. I am a fairly practical person. I believe such repairs are normally done from the outside and can be very expensive. Any ideas would be welcome... perhaps filling the...
November 27th 12 06:41 AM
by Clark0 Go to last post
3 1,065
Full time camping out of neccesity. by Pendrag0n
Hello all, I have a long term illness (I am 53, single) which means I get help (housing benefit) with rent. Rent is 400pm and I was paying 50. New austerity measures now mean many of us are going to be unable to afford to live where we are now and HB is being reduced to 300, which is what they reckon we should be paying for South East Lincs. Which is ridiculous. My illness means that in a few...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 7th 12 12:48 PM
by Ronaled07 Go to last post
19 3,858
2007 Hymer Van 522 Habitation Battery by Riddles
After 5 years of use I need a new habitation battery and have booked the motorhome in for a check at the new Hymer approved dealership, Motorworld at Telford. I mentioned that a new battery would be required and was surprised to be told that they didn't stock every size of battery and I would need to check to see what size I required. The battery is under the front passenger seat and cannot...
August 17th 12 11:40 PM
by Riddles Go to last post
4 1,951
Campervan for rent in France by didiergm
Hello I have a simple question: what would be the best way to advertise a camper van for rent in France, located very close to Calais ? I hope you won't mind my question, it is not intended as an advert. thanks in advance
August 9th 12 07:18 PM
by didiergm Go to last post
0 617
MOT Change - from UK.rec.caravanning by hugh
Thought I might as well post this on here also. This will affect any motor caravans with towers. The testing of the lighting circuits on the 13 pin socket is due to become part of the MOT. 12n sockets will be visual inspection only. -- hugh
March 31st 12 03:01 PM
by hugh Go to last post
0 1,003
Free Campervan Overnight Parking all over UK! by kate baron
How do you manage refilling water and emptying toilet? url:http://myreader.co.uk/msg/13151869.aspx
February 15th 12 07:15 PM
by sue Go to last post
1 1,386
Snow chains by easylife1
I am buying snow chains for a Hymer 584, 3.9 ton. I was going to buy one set for the front drive but have been advised to buy two sets for all tyres, to prevent rear end slide. Any advice on that would be appreciated.
November 16th 11 03:48 PM
by hugh Go to last post
3 703
Question
Fiamma Bike Rack Parts by Samuel S
Hello all this is my first post I hope someone will be able to help me.I am after 2 red end stops for my Fiamma Bike Rack they are missing.I have tried looking online I cannot seem to find any.Can someone send me a link to where I may buy them
September 25th 11 05:30 PM
by Samuel S Go to last post
0 611
camper van by dansprawl
Anyone know what a renault extra camper is.like, i'm thinking of buying one for a grand!
July 22nd 11 12:20 PM
by kafka05mike Go to last post
2 1,155
Airport/weekend parking at Perugia airport by stroller
Has anyone had experience of leaving a motorhome in a foreign country whilst returning home. We have to come back from Italy and need to leave the van at Perugia but there does not appear to be any long term secure parking available. An alternative could be to return from Rome or Milan but that would be a last resort. Any ideas?
June 26th 11 08:06 AM
by stroller Go to last post
0 703
Renault Master self build by Pendrag0n
Hello guys, I'm thinking of buying an ex RAF T35 Renault Master self build. The van is a 1992 straight 2.5 diesel with a genuine 45k. The conversion is good enough and the condition of the van is superb for the year. I will need to get cambelt done on principal, is that a big deal/cost? Any opinions on it as a van and any problems visiting campsites with self builds?
June 6th 11 09:04 PM
by Pendrag0n Go to last post
0 687
Use of Rear Seats by hugh
Doe anyone know the current legal situation regarding use by an adult whilst travelling of rear seats which do not have seat belts fitted ? -- hugh "Believe nothing. No matter where you read it, Or who said it, Even if I have said it, Unless it agrees with your own reason And your own common sense." Buddha
April 10th 11 05:52 PM
by hugh Go to last post
0 517
Easter trips by JTM
Easter coming soon and lots of folk already well into planning their trips. Some sites that may get the juices flowing (or not) http://www.holiday-weather.com/country/france/index.html http://www.spanishweather.net/ http://www.drive-alive.co.uk/fuel_prices_europe.html Prices (including UK) shown in euros for comparison
March 3rd 11 04:15 AM
by Hilary[_5_] Go to last post
1 623
FAQ: Welcome to Usenet UK by Charles Lindsey
-------------------------------------------------------------------------- Until the UK Usenet hierarchy got too big, a regular 'Welcome to Usenet' message was routinely posted to all groups in uk.* With the decline of Usenet, and the increase in the number of people accessing Usenet via Google Groups, it was felt that this informational posting should be...
December 24th 10 03:44 PM
by Charles Lindsey Go to last post
0 608
Had enough of the rat race. Full time vanning anyone? by Pendragon
Good morning all. I'm young retired and currently single. Fed up with being stuck in the same place renting and have real itchy feet. I quite fancy full time touring. Maybe staying a month on one site then moving on etc. Maybe one day find a really nice site which will let me stay full time. I have been camping, caravanning and motorhoming. Too old for full time camping now and I find...
December 22nd 10 01:46 AM
by Hilary[_5_] Go to last post
4 2,046
Caution Club Care Insurance rockets! by Colin[_4_]
Just had my renewal notice through from clubcare (MCE for car) and it had gone up over 500 from last year (changed cars midterm for a cheaper one) to nearly 1000. Sod that. Decided to shop around on moneysaving expert http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/ and using their comparisons on money supermarket http://www.moneysupermarket.com I got a quote from echoice (Royal Sun Alliance) of 237 I ran...
December 15th 10 12:09 PM
by Sheila & Les Go to last post
6 7,164
Post New Thread